PDA

View Full Version : an error occured while reading the config//Holdemmanager.

lepipuri
02-20-2010, 09:56 AM
hi. my holdem manager stopped working a couple days after i updated it to the newest one. i use windows vista.

it says.

an error occured while reading the config//Holdemmanager.config file: juurielementti puuttuu.
Holdem manager will now backup the old config file and create a new one for you.

then i press ok. but then this error pops up that a new one cant be created because it already exists. then if i press continue, the whole holdem manager just freezes and cant be closed.

please help

netsrak
02-20-2010, 12:12 PM
Under Vista and Windows 7 make sure that holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe and dbcontrolpanel.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the holdemmanager.exe, dbcontrolpanel.exe and the hmhud.exe executable and select "Run as admin" from the popup menu under compatibilty.

If that doesn't help: close HM and delete the file from the message manually, then restart HM

lepipuri
02-20-2010, 12:53 PM
i ran them as administrator. but it didnt work. but i have no idea what to delete manually?

should i delete some config//holdemmanagerconfig file ? or what? i cant find it but it says an error occurs reading it.

then the replacement doesnt work because it already exists, but i dont know what to delete?

lepipuri
02-20-2010, 04:41 PM
I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO. HELP ME. IVE PAID FOR THIS.

this reads in the error info. when it cant create a new one because it already exists

Tämän sanoman lopussa on tietoja siitä, kuinka voit
ottaa käyttöön JIT-virheenkorjauksen tämän valintaikkunan sijasta.

************** Poikkeuksen teksti **************
System.IO.IOException: Tiedostoa ei voi luoda. Tiedosto on jo olemassa.

kohteessa System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
kohteessa System.IO.__Error.WinIOError()
kohteessa System.IO.File.Move(String sourceFileName, String destFileName)
kohteessa e.a()
kohteessa e.d()
kohteessa g.e(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
kohteessa System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
kohteessa DevComponents.DotNetBar.Office2007RibbonForm.OnLoa d(EventArgs e)
kohteessa System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
kohteessa System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
kohteessa System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
kohteessa System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
kohteessa System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
kohteessa System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Mes sage& m)
kohteessa System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Mess age& m)
kohteessa System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
kohteessa System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
kohteessa DevComponents.DotNetBar.Office2007RibbonForm.WndPr oc(Message& m)
kohteessa System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
kohteessa System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
kohteessa System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Ladatut kokoonpanot **************
mscorlib
Kokoonpanon versio: 2.0.0.0
Win32-versio: 2.0.50727.4200 (NetFxQFE.050727-4200)
Koodikanta: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
DBControlPanel
Kokoonpanon versio: 1.0.0.0

lepipuri
02-20-2010, 04:46 PM
i can still use hud but i cant launch the holdemmanager. hud goes on when i run it as administrator

morny
02-20-2010, 05:12 PM
delete your holdemmanager.config file from C:/Program Files/RVGSoftware/HoldemManager/Config folder please while HM is closed, then reboot HM and it should fix it, youll need to add your import folders again and your settings within HM will be lost, youll still have your hud settings though.

lepipuri
02-20-2010, 09:06 PM
thank you ! your a lifesaver !

Valuecity
04-22-2010, 07:53 AM
delete your holdemmanager.config file from C:/Program Files/RVGSoftware/HoldemManager/Config folder please while HM is closed, then reboot HM and it should fix it, youll need to add your import folders again and your settings within HM will be lost, youll still have your hud settings though.

Thx for ur answer, but now this has happened for me about 10 times in 2 months. U got any idea what causes this problem?

fozzy71
04-22-2010, 10:58 AM
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Using Revo Uninstaller (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/126/Using+Revo+Uninstaller+)

1) Make a backup of your C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder, and any other important files.
2) Uninstall HM with Revo Uninstaller Pro - Uninstall Software, Remove Programs, Solve uninstall problems (http://www.revouninstaller.com) using the Deep setting. You do not need to uninstall PostgreSQL.
3) If given the option, on the 2 following screens of Revo, remove any registry entries and leftover files.
4) Reboot your computer
5) Install the complete setup of HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Holdem_Manager_Setup.exe. You should un-check the PostgreSQL Option when running the combo installer.

Please update to the latest version - http://www.holdemmanager.net/hmupdate

6) Test if it for a while and see if it works