PDA

View Full Version : Multicurrency fail???

mksteele99
02-20-2010, 06:48 AM
I know you guys wanted to wait until everything was right before releasing, but I think it's a pretty big fail. Most users wanted just to separate the different currencies by limits... well basically converting it is functionally useless, especially if you play on Stars. Euro's are automatically converted to $ when you leave the table. Now my winnings are just completely screwed up since the Euro has been fluctuating so much.

I mainly look at the sessions tab and the whole thing is a mess now. I tried updating the exchange rate and it made it worse. First, I was winning 4k more than I thought, now I'm 3k lower than I thought. This directly affects my taxes since I use HEM as proof of income. Right now I have no idea if I'm under reporting my earnings or over reporting.

Also, in the reports section under winnings, conversion doesn't work. In Euro games, it's still being reported as dollars. There is no conversion for the exchange rate.

netsrak
02-20-2010, 08:35 AM
I move your thread to the Releases forum for further statements.

dirtylobster
02-20-2010, 08:47 AM
I'm sure there will be options based on your "suggestions". Until then you can always use 1.10.02. ;)

MaxCaliber
02-20-2010, 09:39 AM
HEM is not an accounting tool, so maybe you would get better if you use your cashflow to determine your income. Or you would really expect that HEM should know what conversion rate Star uses when you leave the table?

On the other hand it might be useful if multicurrency can be switched off by users, maybe on a site/site basis.

DeMented79
02-20-2010, 09:57 AM
I wish you would seperate USD and EUR hands in the sessions tab. Now all hands are converted to USD with the same rate, even if the rate when i was playing them was different. Since my main currency is EUR, and everything is converted back to EUR after playing it´s no use for me to see everything in USD, unless i am able to see how much EUR these USD were worth when i was playing.

I´d prefer it if different currencies were displayed seperately. And in the main reports tab EUR are displayed as USD without converting them. And i´d like to be able to see how much i won in USD (without EUR tables) and in EUR (without USD tables).

demonseed
02-20-2010, 10:16 AM
I wish you would seperate USD and EUR hands in the sessions tab. Now all hands are converted to USD with the same rate, even if the rate when i was playing them was different. Since my main currency is EUR, and everything is converted back to EUR after playing it´s no use for me to see everything in USD, unless i am able to see how much EUR these USD were worth when i was playing.

I´d prefer it if different currencies were displayed seperately. And in the main reports tab EUR are displayed as USD without converting them. And i´d like to be able to see how much i won in USD (without EUR tables) and in EUR (without USD tables).

+1

It would be great to have a feature to tell HEM: Please convert the 10th of February with this rate. The 11th with another rate, etc.

Therefore we would get true results. If I convert January today it will be completely off cause the USD/EUR rate fluctuated so much. However it would be no problem looking up conversion rates for the days and put them in if that would be possible.

johnnycakes
02-20-2010, 11:09 AM
+1

It would be great to have a feature to tell HEM: Please convert the 10th of February with this rate. The 11th with another rate, etc.

Therefore we would get true results. If I convert January today it will be completely off cause the USD/EUR rate fluctuated so much. However it would be no problem looking up conversion rates for the days and put them in if that would be possible.

post++

choochoo
02-20-2010, 11:18 AM
+1

+1 - please do this

Flag_Hippo
02-20-2010, 11:24 AM
+1 +2 +3 +4 blah, blah.

.....or alternatively people could read the multi-currency thread again and actually take in the inforamtion contained within.

It uses current rates (or at least whatever you have set for the exchange rates) for everything - we may extend that in the future to have historical rates but it would make things run a lot slower.

demonseed
02-20-2010, 12:21 PM
+1 +2 +3 +4 blah, blah.

.....or alternatively people could read the multi-currency thread again and actually take in the inforamtion contained within.

Considering that some people really need/want this feature I guess it's not that bad to voice our opinion that we really want it as fast as possible.

Maybe

"... we may extend that in the future to have historical rates but it would make things run a lot slower."

actually means that it is a feature that will be added soon. Hmmmmm I'll let you guess.

Do you respect wood?

DeMented79
02-20-2010, 12:26 PM
i dont even need that currency conversion at all. but there should be a way to see sessions played in different currencies seperately, so i can see how much i made in EUR and how much i made in USD. Only for the graphs a conversion is really necessary, if you wanna show different currencies in one graph.

hds-1969
02-20-2010, 01:48 PM
Multicurrency is not for Tournament?
Because i been playing 1.20(E) on stars, and still keep together with 1.20 (US). :s

Rvg72
02-20-2010, 01:50 PM
Thanks for the feedback. We will be providing a currency option in the sessions tab to set the default currency to use, so you could set this to Euro and it would put all the stats in Euro.

The idea of using historical rates on a certain day is flawed though. Let's take an example and say the Euro is 1.40 USD on Jan 1. You win 140 USD on Jan 1 and now it is Feb 20 and you withdraw and exchange the money. But, today the Euro is say 1.20 - the exchange rate at the time the hand was played is pretty meaningless. Additionally, if the rate is 1.20 you don't get 1.20. You will probably get 1.17 if you are selling and 1.23 if you are buying.

So, what are your options? 1) in the reports tab you can keep the "$" stat and use the "By Stakes" report since this will show the amount won in the currency of the hand. 2) for taxes you need to do more work and it depends on a lot of things. Basically, if you are using Euro's, you would take your USD winnings and apply the exchange rate at the time of taxes - 2.5% most likely (to account for exchange fees) or better yet when you withdraw your funds and exchange them you would record the rates and apply these numbers.

There is also a possibility within our custom stat section to provide exchange rates by date applied to your winnings and there are other things we could do. To say this is a "fail" though is pretty harsh - we have provided people with the best multi currency functionality in any poker tracker and we're not done yet.

Roy

Rvg72
02-20-2010, 01:51 PM
i dont even need that currency conversion at all. but there should be a way to see sessions played in different currencies seperately, so i can see how much i made in EUR and how much i made in USD. Only for the graphs a conversion is really necessary, if you wanna show different currencies in one graph.

You could do the group by tables in the session section. I'll add a new grouping, group by currency since that seems like it would help people out with this

Roy

Rvg72
02-20-2010, 01:51 PM
Multicurrency is not for Tournament?
Because i been playing 1.20(E) on stars, and still keep together with 1.20 (US). :s

We mentioned in the release notes that tournament support had a couple of issues we were still working on so it will be a few days.

Roy

hds-1969
02-20-2010, 01:54 PM
ok, thanks.

mksteele99
02-20-2010, 02:18 PM
HEM is not an accounting tool, so maybe you would get better if you use your cashflow to determine your income. Or you would really expect that HEM should know what conversion rate Star uses when you leave the table?

On the other hand it might be useful if multicurrency can be switched off by users, maybe on a site/site basis.

All I ever wanted (and many other users) was a seperate limit for different currencies. We were told that they were delaying it so they could make it better. The delay was pretty much a waste of time since the "improvements" are functionally useless. Yes, they might add these, but what have they been doing for the past year?

Rvg72
02-20-2010, 02:25 PM
All I ever wanted (and many other users) was a seperate limit for different currencies. We were told that they were delaying it so they could make it better. The delay was pretty much a waste of time since the "improvements" are functionally useless. Yes, they might add these, but what have they been doing for the past year?

We've done this in the reports tab and we are expanding the functionality in the sessions tab to allow for this. Run a By Stakes report and use the "$" stat and you will see results per stake in the original currency.

The changes we made are to the underlying engine that runs Holdem Manager - this lets us add additional multi currency functionality much easier.

Roy

Rvg72
02-20-2010, 02:30 PM
Here is the current change list based on feedback for the next update regarding multi currency:

* tourney support
* a "Group by Currency" session report that will show results in the original currency
* option to use USD, EUR or GBP in the session report and player vs player report
* the "$" stat in reports will show the currency symbol of the currency if the rows are grouped by stakes

We encourage comments and suggestions and it is through those suggestions that we build the software but saying changes are functionally useless shows a lack of understanding in what we are doing. There are changes needed on the interface to better display things in a way that makes sense to more people and it is the changes we made to HM that make this a relatively simple thing to do now.

Roy

Rapala
02-20-2010, 03:52 PM
Thank you HM team for this awesome update! I love it. :)

malfaire
02-20-2010, 06:13 PM
Here is the current change list based on feedback for the next update regarding multi currency:

* tourney support
* a "Group by Currency" session report that will show results in the original currency
* option to use USD, EUR or GBP in the session report and player vs player report
* the "$" stat in reports will show the currency symbol of the currency if the rows are grouped by stakes

We encourage comments and suggestions and it is through those suggestions that we build the software but saying changes are functionally useless shows a lack of understanding in what we are doing. There are changes needed on the interface to better display things in a way that makes sense to more people and it is the changes we made to HM that make this a relatively simple thing to do now.

Roy

very nice. thanks for all the hard work thus far -- i know nearly all of us are appreciative of that. i was glad to see that MC was in here, but am one of the people that isn't entirely satisfied with it. i think it's really important, though, and the above suggestions are a step in the right direction :)

asmartone
02-20-2010, 06:43 PM
And i´d like to be able to see how much i won in USD (without EUR tables) and in EUR (without USD tables).

You can always use "Filter" button and choose limits with needed currency.

Rvg72
02-20-2010, 07:01 PM
You can always use "Filter" button and choose limits with needed currency.

There are a bunch of ways to do this now but within a few days we will have a "Group by Currency" option in the session report

Roy

dirtylobster
02-21-2010, 01:46 AM
Just wanted to (again) express my http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/images/smilies/heart.gif and gratitude for this release! It was long awaited and just in its baby shoes, hope people would realize that and come forward with suggestions and ideas instead of criticism!

wp HEM team!

Caruso
02-21-2010, 06:33 AM
Just wanted to (again) express my http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/images/smilies/heart.gif and gratitude for this release! It was long awaited and just in its baby shoes, hope people would realize that and come forward with suggestions and ideas instead of criticism!

wp HEM team!

+ 1

DIB79
02-21-2010, 08:59 AM

wp HEM team!

+1 Brilliant release. The single most important update ever for this program imo.

donkeykong
02-21-2010, 10:00 AM
there's something strange:
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/2591/sanstitre18850697.jpg (http://img694.imageshack.us/i/sanstitre18850697.jpg/)

morny
02-21-2010, 04:58 PM
Can you zip up those hands along with a bigger version of that image as its hard to see and send them to support@holdemmanager.net and also link to this thread

donkeykong
02-21-2010, 05:23 PM
sorry here he goes:

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/7340/sanstitre17351583.jpg

DeMented79
02-21-2010, 05:52 PM
In reports tab it´s in EUR, not USD (even if it says $). In sessions tab everything is converted to USD.

AceOnUrFace
02-21-2010, 07:30 PM
For me the currency tool doesnt seem to work at all. Or it works when it wants to work. Ive notices that when I play on £ tables HEM processes them as normal $ tables... I play on Ipoker.

Bilson
02-21-2010, 07:47 PM
Is there a possibility to set €uro as my default HM currency?

I play on boss and after this new update everything is exchanged to USD ( rake, each session results), i dont know why and what for.

The new update is nice etc, but its actually useless for people playing on € pokerrooms. Why would i want to know how much $ rake i paid or how much USD i won in last session? I want my Holdem Manager working in €uro, is that possible?

Thanks

BTW Theres multicurrency but still € tables look in HM like this

***** Hand History for Game 2043239899 ***** (Boss)
$100.00 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Sunday, February 21, 10:45:18 ET 2010

Major A
02-23-2010, 01:05 PM
Thanks for working on the multi currency which is much needed (for me) :)

It seems however that there is a problem with the 'Fix Hands'.
After installing the newest HM update, i tried to run the 'Fix Hands' twice, then rebooted the pc and ran it once again.
But it seems it doesnt convert all hands.

F.ex. last month i would guess i played 5% of my hands in USD and 95% in Euro. After the conversion however, roughly 65% of all hands still looks like it is USD and only 35% of the hands looks like Euro.
The same applied for when i choose to look at all the hands from last year.

Is there a problem with the 'Fix Hands'? Or could i have done something wrong?
The hands are played on Microgaming/Prima network.

Hit_or_Miss
02-23-2010, 02:08 PM
Hi

Are hands calculated with the rate which was set when the hand was imported, or are they calculated again when I change the rate on a later day?

I have auto-exchange on stars (I play Euro sometimes but keep all bankroll in $) so I would prefer if the hands are stored with the exchange rate of that particular day.

thx

morny
02-23-2010, 04:05 PM
In reports tab it´s in EUR, not USD (even if it says $). In sessions tab everything is converted to USD.

yes this is on the todo list,
The $ stat is no longer useful unless you use the 1 currency, it is basically the net amount won at that currency you played in and not $ specifically. Delete it from the hud and use $USD instead, well be adding the ability to change it in the other TABs aswell in future versions.

For me the currency tool doesnt seem to work at all. Or it works when it wants to work. Ive notices that when I play on £ tables HEM processes them as normal $ tables... I play on Ipoker.

Can you email some of the hands that didnt change to support@holdemmanager and a description of the problem

Is there a possibility to set €uro as my default HM currency?

I play on boss and after this new update everything is exchanged to USD ( rake, each session results), i dont know why and what for.

The new update is nice etc, but its actually useless for people playing on € pokerrooms. Why would i want to know how much $ rake i paid or how much USD i won in last session? I want my Holdem Manager working in €uro, is that possible?

Thanks

BTW Theres multicurrency but still € tables look in HM like this

Well be fixing the rake and Adjusted EV issues in upcoming versions. See above responses ragarding € issue.

Thanks for working on the multi currency which is much needed (for me) :)

It seems however that there is a problem with the 'Fix Hands'.
After installing the newest HM update, i tried to run the 'Fix Hands' twice, then rebooted the pc and ran it once again.
But it seems it doesnt convert all hands.

F.ex. last month i would guess i played 5% of my hands in USD and 95% in Euro. After the conversion however, roughly 65% of all hands still looks like it is USD and only 35% of the hands looks like Euro.
The same applied for when i choose to look at all the hands from last year.

Is there a problem with the 'Fix Hands'? Or could i have done something wrong?
The hands are played on Microgaming/Prima network.

Can you email some of the hands that didnt change to support@holdemmanager and a description of the problem

Hi

Are hands calculated with the rate which was set when the hand was imported, or are they calculated again when I change the rate on a later day?

I have auto-exchange on stars (I play Euro sometimes but keep all bankroll in $) so I would prefer if the hands are stored with the exchange rate of that particular day.

thx

The rate at which you set it but Roy is working on a solution for this and he said it should work quite well

Major A
02-23-2010, 07:23 PM
Yes, but just to clarify. Do you want me to mail the Hand history from the 'Right mouse click' on a hand and then choose 'View selected Hand Histories' and c/p the text in to the mail? Or in another way?

C34FwT
02-23-2010, 11:38 PM
Yes, but just to clarify. Do you want me to mail the Hand history from the 'Right mouse click' on a hand and then choose 'View selected Hand Histories' and c/p the text in to the mail? Or in another way?

select some hands 'Right mouse click' and then choose 'export selected hands to hard drive' that way they are more or less as prima writes them

Major A
02-24-2010, 05:49 AM
select some hands 'Right mouse click' and then choose 'export selected hands to hard drive' that way they are more or less as prima writes them
Thanks.

spiff21
02-25-2010, 05:08 AM
When I export hand histories played in EUR from HEM they are converted to USD in the hand history. Why? Seems like the simplest thing to fix..