PDA

View Full Version : Currency history

vlsup
02-20-2010, 05:56 AM
Let's say I had profit = EUR 1K in december 2009 and proceeded cashout to Visa card which currency is USD. At that moment it was about 1470 USD.

Let's say I had profit = EUR 1K in februry 2010 and proceeded cashout to the same Visa card. At this moment it is about 1350 USD.

As you see, there is a 120 bucks difference. In real life.
But in HEM? Is there ability to track and currency rate history?

USD 120 = how much beer I can drink and HEM don't know about these "extra" money? :D

Caruso
02-20-2010, 06:46 AM
This has been discussed before - Fozzys response was that the option to have historical currency conversion will be available in future but that it would make the database a lot slower...

dirtylobster
02-21-2010, 01:21 AM
mm it's pretty complicated.

do you have any suggestions about how to make it work?

Rvg72
02-21-2010, 02:46 AM
We'll come up with something - I actually have a nice solution in mind.

The thing with currency is that the rate when the hand was played usually has little to do with the real rate that you get when you withdraw the money from the account and into your currency. For example, if the rate is 1.47 and you cash out you will probably get 1.44 by the time the banks take their exchange fees and that is if you cash out right away. If you wait a month then your 1470 USD winnings actually could be say 1300 USD by the time you get it out (fees + drop in Euro for example) so registering it as 1.47 isn't accurate either.

But like I said, I do have something in mind to reconcile this that won't affect performance and actually gives you more realistic historical data

Roy

demonseed
02-21-2010, 06:47 AM
But like I said, I do have something in mind to reconcile this that won't affect performance and actually gives you more realistic historical data
Roy

That would be really cool. Thanks for the work you guys put in!

I for example am on sort of a profit sharing deal and therefore need the exact historical data ;) However as long as I will be able to see the exact euro, pounds and usd amounts for any given day I can also do it myself manually.

Thanks again for all the work.

sqlguy
02-27-2010, 09:55 AM
The thing with currency is that the rate when the hand was played usually has little to do with the real rate that you get when you withdraw the money from the account and into your currency.

Well, that depends.

On my prima site, i have a EUR account, but play both EUR and $ games
The $ winnings (or losses) are immediately converted to EUR.
When I later withdraw to my EUR Moneybooker account, there are no conversion charges.

On stars, you can have a similar configuration.
But If you choose to use both a EUR and a $ account on stars, of course it is the currency rate at the time of withdrawal (or of transfer between accounts) that matter.

It is difficult to think of a system that can deal with all these different options.

demonseed
02-27-2010, 04:24 PM
Well, that depends.

On my prima site, i have a EUR account, but play both EUR and $ games
The $ winnings (or losses) are immediately converted to EUR.
When I later withdraw to my EUR Moneybooker account, there are no conversion charges.

It's like that on iPoker as well At most skins you can choose the currency of your account so you either have USD, Euro or Pounds as your base currency. Your money will then be converted when you sit at a table and converted when you leave the table...

So still hoping currency rate history + choosing a base currency that HEM will run in will be a part of HEM :)