PDA

View Full Version : backup/restored my db, new db seems empty

daiquiri
02-19-2010, 09:51 PM
I have installed hem to a new computer, backed up the old db the way it is advised in the faq, then did the restoration. It was going on for about 3 hours then stopped with some warning message and asking if I'm sure I want to restart the whole thing or not. I clicked cancel as it is advised in the faq in this case.
Now I restart HEM, and my db seems totally empty (yes I chose the new db as the default, so that's the one that is opened). However I can't seem to select any players or anything, like it was an empty db. What now?

daiquiri
02-19-2010, 10:13 PM
update: checked in my db, it has like 9million hands in it. still, I can't select any players or anything like it's an empty db :confused:

fozzy71
02-19-2010, 10:30 PM
The backup/restore process is far from fail-proof. It sounds like the restored DB is corrupt. Does it say Players (0) on the left side-bar? Cash Games > Reports > Click 'Change' and search your Poker Site name. You can also click the Arrow and choose Player Search. Do not click the drop-down arrow. That opens a list of previously searched names.

I would suggest you create a new DB and import any original/archived hands you have. Your \HMArchive is likely not in your \Holdem Manager directory. We normally suggest you use C:\HMArchive, but you may have put it anywhere.

To verify the location: Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit > Archive Folder: ___________________

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Warning: You have XXX Hand History Files in your Auto Import Folders (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/119/Warning:+You+have+XXX+Hand+History+Files+in+your+A uto+Import+Folders)

The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HMArchive\2009\07\31).

If you play a site like stars/ftp you can email their support and ask for all your old hand histories and tourney summaries.

daiquiri
02-19-2010, 10:41 PM
yes it says 0 players
well I know where my HH archive folder is.. but damn it's 9 million hands it's gonna take a week, is there no other solution??

Patvs
02-19-2010, 11:26 PM
Which SQL version did you create the .backup file in?
-1 On your new computer install the same version (since SQL 8.3 and 8.4 are not compatible with each other)

-2 the encoding of the database must be the same. So if you created a backup in ASCII, don't restore it to a UTF8 database.

-3 Don't create a NEW database in pgAdminIII to which you try to restore the .backup file---> instead update HoldemManager to 1.10.02, create a new database IN HoldemManager (select the right encoding), connect to the database---> and click OK to all the "HoldemManager is making an update to your database" notifications.

-4 CLOSE HoldemManager

-5 Find your newly created database in pgAdminIII and restore your .backup file to it. IGNORE pgadminIII if it states "window is not responding".
Wait for 3-4 hours. And create a screenshot of the window.... what sort of error does it state?

Usually it states.... blah blah die blah = 1.... press OK to retry (and when you click OK it wants to do the whole process all over again... so don't click OK.. just close the Window)

-6 If that DOESN'T work.. your .backup file is corrupt.... and you'll need to reimport your 9 million hands. For NEXT time... once you've imported the 9 million hands...: Use the Observed Hand History Configuration to purge ALL hands that didn't go to showdown/had a <5 BB potsize. And create the .backup file after you've reduced the size of your database.