PDA

View Full Version : Installing HEM on New Comp

Barge Ass
02-19-2010, 07:16 AM
Ok my laptop seemed like it was on its last breath and I'm terrible with computers so I just copied HMArchive, Postgresql, SQLite OBDC Driver and RVG software folders over to an external drive. I'm not sure if I did the right thing. How do I go about installing it if I did? I have Win7 and either an SSD (work?) or SATA HDD.

morny
02-19-2010, 12:30 PM
Giving the way you done it the only option is to reinstall postgreSQL fresh and HM fresh and then import from the HMarchive and youll have all your old hands back.

Barge Ass
02-19-2010, 08:11 PM
Ok so can I upgrade to postgresql3.4 while I'm at it? Also someone said HEM HUD struggles on an SSD, can I install it all on my SSD?

Barge Ass
02-19-2010, 08:49 PM
Ok will I need my product key again? I have no clue where it is because I used to store it in my email but since changing comps my stored emails have disappeared. I'm importing the hands now. All I did was install trial HEM with SQL and import from folder.

fozzy71
02-19-2010, 10:27 PM
Ok will I need my product key again? I have no clue where it is because I used to store it in my email but since changing comps my stored emails have disappeared. I'm importing the hands now. All I did was install trial HEM with SQL and import from folder.

You will have a fully functioning trial version for 15 days. Please email your details to sales@holdemmanager.com and tell them you lost your original code so they can retrieve it.

Please try using our registration system to register your current/new license. Then you will be able to retrieve or reset your own license, as needed. Registration Home Page (http://www.holdemmanager.net/Registration/)

To get your current license from your running installation of HEM: Help > Show Serial Number

You will need to sign up, login, and then reset your code, then logout/login, to verify it was reset.

Barge Ass
02-19-2010, 11:09 PM
It is importing HeyPoker ok but not Stars, Uncover and Molten. I have allowed them all trhought the firewall and think I got the import folder addresses right but I'm still lost. I really apoligise I struggle with this kind of stuff.

Barge Ass
02-19-2010, 11:27 PM
It seems that the folders are in C:\users\me\appdata which I can't access. Do I have to change something?

Barge Ass
02-20-2010, 02:43 AM
Ok I still casn't get it to import the other sites. Do I have to do something in SQL?

netsrak
02-20-2010, 08:30 AM
* Please try updating to the latest version 1.10.03 final from the link in my signature.

* Under Vista and Windows 7 make sure that holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe and dbcontrolpanel.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the holdemmanager.exe, dbcontrolpanel.exe and the hmhud.exe executable and select "Run as admin" from the popup menu under compatibilty.

* If that doesn't help, please check this and answer and post the questions FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: My HUD Doesn't Work (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/48/My+HUD+Doesn't+Work)

Barge Ass
02-20-2010, 10:47 PM
Ok it seems to be all working now after the install of the new beta. I hadn't realised I had to show hidden folders too.
I have a new problem though, all my Cake (Molten) hand histories are nowhere to be found. I emailed them and they don't save so I'm kind of screwed. I've imported from HMArchives etc, any suggestions????

netsrak
02-21-2010, 07:16 AM
If you don't have them in the HM archive and not in the Cake folder of your old installation there is nothing else we can do.

If you still have access to your old laptop you can try to start HM again and export the hands.

Barge Ass
02-21-2010, 08:36 AM
Luckily the laptop stayed cool long enough to access the Cake portion of my database. I'm pretty much set although confused as to what will happen after 15 days. Both serial codes on seprate computers are the same, do I still have to reregister and get a new code?

morny
02-21-2010, 02:23 PM
See this FAQ FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Registration Benefits (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/26/Registration+Benefits) on how to reset your code on the old PC