PDA

View Full Version : HEM importing PS HH very slowing - No HUD

SuperSized
02-19-2010, 05:32 AM
HEM is suddenly importing HHs very slowly, which consequently means my HUD isn't popping up in some SNG games until I'm 20 or 30 mins into the game This is a big problem for me as I play 18-20 as once and rely on my HUD an awful lot. I'm not sure what the issue is but here are a few facts.

Observations:

- The importing runs at 0.0 - 0.3 H/sec and then suddenly speeds up when it gets to file 13 of 18 or so

Steps taken:

- No new software has been installed
- System is safe and clean from viruses or spyware
- I ran a vacuum analyse on the database with no effect
- I downloaded 1.10.02 and the problem still persists

Any help would be appreciated.

I run Windows XP

morny
02-19-2010, 10:43 AM
Hi, Please see this thread for suggestions on how to improve performance http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/11194-top-10-hem-performance-increase-tips.html

Also what sites are you importing, what types of games 6max NL etc?

SuperSized
02-19-2010, 11:02 AM
Exclusively from PokerStars at the moment. $10.40 DON 10-man turbos.

I appreciate the link to speed up HEM, but I doubt this is related to the speed of my computer. Import speed before this happened was probably 11 to 12 H/sec and now it's 0.0 - 0.3. That is a huge difference. Nothing new has been installed on the PC in that time and there have been no hardware changes.

Also this wasn't a gradual slowing down of the import process. In the first session of the day the import speed was fine, the second session the import speed is practically non-existent. It seems very unlikely the speed of computer/HDDs/memory etc. is the issue here.

morny
02-19-2010, 12:25 PM
All this information is being extracted from PostgreSQL, even though its intermitting it still possible postgreSQL has something to do with it so those steps will at the very least improve things for you

If it is an intermitting thing its worth looking at things on your PC, maybe it was on a few days and it needs to be rebooted to free up resouces. It may also be things like Antivirus running a scan around the time of the issue or some other intensive use of memory or resources thats slowing it down

SuperSized
02-21-2010, 03:11 AM
Thanks for the reply.

I rebooted my PC and switched off my Anti-virus too, neither of those things worked.

At the moment this isn't an intermittent problem as it's continuously. I'm not sure what you are suggesting with regards to postgreSQL. Can you explain this a bit clearer? Do I need to rebuild my database?

netsrak
02-21-2010, 07:25 AM
Did you check the performance tips?

You should purge your database and run a vacuum/full and a reindex as explained in the link.