PDA

View Full Version : Time adjustment and reimport etc

El Helado
02-18-2010, 01:03 PM
Hey. I just wonder if there will be any issues when we use autoadjust times when importing hands etc? Like if import a hand at FTP and it gets set +2 hours and then export. Then I reimport them on another computer with another setting (or same) and maybe it adds 2 hours so if I then export those hands then they will get identified as new hands :S?

Or maybe you just scan for site and hand nr and that way doesnt have the risk of duplicate hands being imported several times?

Patvs
02-18-2010, 09:43 PM
Just always backup your original handhistories, and reimport those when needed.
Or use the backup/restore in pgadminIII, INSTEAD of the EXPORT HH.

El Helado
02-20-2010, 11:16 PM
Just always backup your original handhistories, and reimport those when needed.
Or use the backup/restore in pgadminIII, INSTEAD of the EXPORT HH.

So you are saying that it could potentially be a lot of duplicate hands if you export/import the same hands with different DBs etc?

Also, the archived HHs (archived by HM), are they orginal files or are they converted?

Patvs
02-20-2010, 11:54 PM
Duplicate hands won't be imported.
But you posed an interesting premise: what if you import hands with +2h time adjustment--> export those hands--> reimport them into a new database with +2h time adjustment.

I don't think the +2h time adjustment will be exported, but I'm not sure.
The archived HH are all original handhistories. HM only moves them to the archive folder.

El Helado
02-23-2010, 08:21 PM
Duplicate hands won't be imported.
But you posed an interesting premise: what if you import hands with +2h time adjustment--> export those hands--> reimport them into a new database with +2h time adjustment.

I don't think the +2h time adjustment will be exported, but I'm not sure.
The archived HH are all original handhistories. HM only moves them to the archive folder.

Hmm, so that could cause problems?

My mainpoker computer just crashed and I was thinking about gathering all hands played so far (with no duplicates) so the only way to be close to 100% sure for me to merge hands from 4-5 computers would be to import the archived folders?

Another question; So HM archived ONLY autoimported hands? If you bulkimport then the hands will remain, correct?

Patvs
02-23-2010, 08:43 PM
Just reimport ANY handhistory file you can FIND into a new database.

HM only archives auto imported hands.
The hands you import with import from folder (and import from file) don't get moved.

El Helado
02-23-2010, 08:48 PM
Just reimport ANY handhistory file you can FIND into a new database.

HM only archives auto imported hands.
The hands you import with import from folder (and import from file) don't get moved.

You just said that it could potentially be something wrong if we have different autoadjust time and import>export and then reimport on another computer :S?

Patvs
02-23-2010, 08:52 PM
I meant only import ALL original handhistories. That way you're certain it can't be influenced by time adjusted settings.

El Helado
03-01-2010, 01:21 PM
I meant only import ALL original handhistories. That way you're certain it can't be influenced by time adjusted settings.

Btw, you said that bulkimported HHs (original) will not be affected by the timeadjustments? So if I want to import original HHs from other computers that I should add them in a autoimport folder and click autoimport? :S

morny
03-01-2010, 05:11 PM
Hi,

When you use the import from folder or import from file option it just imports the hands and leaves them in that folder, when you use auto import it archives the files moving them from the hand history folder to somewhere like C:/HMarchive so if you do all your importing from your archive folder then these HH will be unaltered originals so the time in the hand history should be the server time. Once you add your timeadjustments it should import them fine with the correct new times.

The best way is to try first with a couple of hands to verfiy its working ok and then import the whole archive once you know thats working