PDA

View Full Version : HEM really slowing things down

gpiotter
09-28-2008, 03:45 PM
Overnight I ran full tilt table opener. I did NOT have HEM running because of the conflict w/ the software (is there a fix in the works for this?). When I woke up I closed FTTO, then started HEM and imported all the hands. My g/f had played for 5 or 6 hours this morning and I've been playing for a couple hours. I was playing 6 games, but had to cut down because of the lag. I opened task manager and found that 5 of the highest memory users are all poker related (mostly HEM). First is postgres.exe using 423k, second is postgres.exe using 185k, third is HMimport using 118k, next if ftp using 69k, then postgres using 69k.

Is this normal? Is there something I should do to speed things up? If I restart the computer or HEM will it work faster? This is something that happens a lot and I have just been restarting the computer, but that's getting old

Diesel7
09-28-2008, 07:14 PM
read my post, m8. Same thing. http://208.109.95.123/forum/showthread.php?t=2428

morny
09-29-2008, 10:14 AM
Try doing the following:

1) Update your graphics card drivers or try different ones
2) Move your opacity slider in Hud Options > Player Prefs and Hud Options > Table Prefs completely to the right
3) Click force onTop in Hud Options > Table Preferences (If this dosent help please turn it off afterwards although youll need to restart hm for it to take effect)
4) Disable Multiple Panels if its unecessary
5) Start > Control Panel > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Defrag

Also diesel found that restarting HM once an hour helped so try that too and if that works aswell ill talk to Roy to see if theres anything he can do