PDA

View Full Version : Optimization error every time i open HEM

adurnin
02-17-2010, 06:30 PM
I get the following errors every time I open HEM. When the optimize reports window is open and running for both FTP and Stars, it takes forever and then I eventually get these errors...

"The following error occurred: ERROR: XX001: could not read block 3872 of relation 1663/33985/34243: read only 0 of 8192 bytes"

[COLOR="Blue"]

This comes up every time I run HEM, I dont think it affects the operation once I click okay, but sometimes it will freeze during report optimization and I'll have to restart the software. I'm on version 1.09 beta 23a but its been doing this since the start and I think i've been through four updates in total.

Any help appreciated.

fozzy71
02-17-2010, 06:42 PM
Please update to the latest version - http://www.holdemmanager.net/hmupdate

*Try creating a new UTF DB - FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Create / Delete Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/75/Create+%7B47%7D+Delete+Database)
*Now import a small portion of your \HMArchive so you can see if the problem exists in the new DB - FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: How to Import & Export Hands (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/98/How+to+Import+%26+Export+Hands)
*If the new DB seems to work properly, you will want to import the rest of your archives to the new DB, export/import the hands from the old DB to the new DB, and export/import any player notes and tourney summaries - and then delete the old DB.
*Make sure you export/backup everything before deleting the old DB

adurnin
02-17-2010, 07:05 PM
ok in the process of importing archives now.
so once archives are imported, I switch back to the old db and hit export files, does it then automatically import everything into the new db or are there further steps? It doesn't say on the help page where you select the export destination?

netsrak
02-18-2010, 08:39 AM
You need to import the files manually via import file or import from folder selection the location where you saved the export

adurnin
02-18-2010, 10:51 AM
I'm not able to export from my original database now. I'm stuck now and Getting this error when i try to export from my origianl database....

"An error occurred reading the hand histories: ERROR: XX001: Invalid page header in block 95 of relation "pokerhands" "

Pokerhands is a folder iin my C drive, it was created when i initially installed HEM, there were hands in it from Stars and an empty Tilt folder but i'm not completely what the purpose of the folder is. I'm not even sure if this is what the error is referring to because the folder is named with an uppercase P yet the error refers to "pokerhands".

I spent hours manually importing as much as i could last night to get around this, but there are still thousands , summaries, notes etc, stuck in the other DB

morny
02-18-2010, 11:26 AM
Hi, the database is corrupt and thats why you cant export, you can import your old hand histories from your archive instead, pokerhands is a table in postgres so its nothing to do with your Pokerhands folder.

adurnin
02-18-2010, 12:32 PM
ok, i think i have everything in the new DB now, but before i delete the old one - the new DB contains 229000 players while the old one has over 398000 players. Everything else seems to be in ordere except for this.

Any tips on ensuring I have absolutely everthing imported before i delete the old database?

netsrak
02-18-2010, 01:44 PM
As you cant access your old database it is not possible to do anything else.

For the future you should do regular backups and save the original handhistory files from the archive and wherever you get them from to DVD.

adurnin
02-18-2010, 01:50 PM
I can still access my old database. I just can't export from it and 50% of the time it freezes on start up but I can still get into it.

fozzy71
02-18-2010, 05:07 PM
If you play a site like stars/ftp you can email their support and ask for all your old hand histories and tourney summaries.