PDA

View Full Version : How to determine what software is causing it.

El Helado
02-17-2010, 04:14 PM
Was playing now and it seemed like the HUD froze all software and I lost about a thousand dollars while playing FTP/UB/Stars/ipoker and I am not sure which software that caused the freezing so I know where I should claim the cash and also which software I should avoid using.

How can you determine what software that is causing programs not to respond?

morny
02-17-2010, 05:00 PM
I guess you could check the event viewer, its not always the exe that crashed that caused it but it might give you clues, best way i would think is Close all non essential programs, that includes MSN, Skype, Teamviewer, Mikogo, Firewall, Antivirus, Internet, Email, AHK scripts, FPHG, PT3, basically every other program running including programs in the taskbar. If it fixes the crash then introduce one program at a time and try to reproduce the crash and continue doing this until you find the program thats causing the problem.

El Helado
02-17-2010, 05:25 PM
I guess you could check the event viewer, its not always the exe that crashed that caused it but it might give you clues, best way i would think is Close all non essential programs, that includes MSN, Skype, Teamviewer, Mikogo, Firewall, Antivirus, Internet, Email, AHK scripts, FPHG, PT3, basically every other program running including programs in the taskbar. If it fixes the crash then introduce one program at a time and try to reproduce the crash and continue doing this until you find the program thats causing the problem.

Its not a reappearing crash, it has happened like 2-3 times in 500 playhours or so. So most of the time it works.

Hmm i have never seen the event viewer b4 but I found it but it doesnt make sense. What should I look for:S? Thanks for help.

netsrak
02-18-2010, 07:07 AM
Google for Windows Event viewer to get an explanation for it.