PDA

View Full Version : Holdem Manager not opening

nmv
07-07-2012, 07:55 AM
When I open HEM it goes as normal and the smaller window opens up (the one about 5 cm x 2 cm) and it says initializing and all of that. Then after 3 or 4 seconds (as normal) it disappears and instead of the normal HEM opening, the Database Control Panel opens and I can't find the normal program. Then I try again and the same thing happens. I have updated the latest update 2x, as well as restarted my computer and it doesn't seem to help.
What could be the problem and what can I do about it?

Patvs
07-07-2012, 06:14 PM
In Database Control Panel--> connect to your database--> start HoldemManager
If you can't... there's is something wrong with the PostgreSQL server connection.

Update: HM1: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate_Release_1.12.11_25Jun2012a.exe

Turn on the secondary Logon. The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services. Starting it once should insure it works in the future also.

This is usually a firewall or windows update issue.

First try to reboot.

If no help, try this:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it. And reboot.

If that doesn't help you will have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely