PDA

View Full Version : My Stats

Jennypenny
02-15-2010, 07:59 AM
Hi

Im not sure if this is the right place to post or not, im not sure im ready to post on TWOplusTWO yet.

I wonder if anyone could take a look at my stats and see if there are any glaring leaks that you can see

I am a winning Player at $5 and $10 STTs on Betfair and most of the other main brand sites

These stats are based on 110k hands of which 75k are at $5 and below and the rest at $10 and over 90% are on Betfair

Bb/100 13.81
VPIP 28.7%
PFR 16.5 %
3 bet 6%
WTSD% 36.5%
W$SD 50%
Agg 3.42
Agg% 26.1%
SQZ 5.1%
PFR/VPIP 57.5%
Flop Cbet 71.6%

If anyone is prepared to help I would greatly appreciate it and will supply any other stats that are required

This is not my screen name on anysite

Cheers in advance

Jennypenny

Jennypenny
02-15-2010, 08:02 AM
Just to add these are all 9 man STTs

Veteran68
02-15-2010, 03:22 PM
The one thing that stands out to me is your vpip/pfr ratio is a bit low, so it looks like you're flat calling too often instead of folding or raising. Combined with a fairly high 29% vpip tells me you're probably playing too many hands. But this is tourney and not cash, and I know a lot of people play tourney poker a lot looser than cash, especially FR, because they like to see a lot of cheap flops when the blinds are low.

If you're a winning player as you say, I wouldn't muck around all that much with things that work for you. However you don't mention ROI and ITM%, which is much more indicative of tourney winrate than bb/100 is. bb/100 is primarily a cash game winrate indicator.

Jennypenny
02-15-2010, 03:27 PM
Hi thanks for your reply

My ROI is 14.6% and in the money is 41.7%

Cheers

Jennypenny

Veteran68
02-16-2010, 11:04 AM
Hi thanks for your reply

My ROI is 14.6% and in the money is 41.7%

Cheers

Jennypenny

Pretty respectable for STT stats. It seems to be working for you so I can't say I'd change too much, however I still have to wonder if you tighten up a bit and pfr a bit more often instead of calling that your rate may improve.

But again I'm primarily a cash & MTT player, I just play STTs when I only have a few minutes to play and don't feel like multi-tabling (I can't play single table FR, too boring, but for some reason I don't mind playing a single 9-man SnG). So I may be off base here.

If you haven't already, I highly recommend Colin Moshman's SnG book. It's aimed primarily at STTs and is widely considered one of the best, if not THE best, book on the subject. I have it and found it very informative, but like I said I don't play STTs a lot and IIRC his advice and strategy deviate a bit from most MTT resources like HoH.

Jennypenny
02-16-2010, 03:10 PM
Thanks Veteran, im kind of familiar with Colin Moshman but never read any of his books but have read articles and heard him speak many times on podcasts and the like

I have carried out some more analysis of my HEM stats and discovered my ROI on $10 games on Betfair is 19.7% so i think i will concentrate my efforts there and take on board your comments

Next job is to order the book from Amazon

Thanks for your Input

Cheers

Jennypenny

_Loki_
02-20-2010, 10:02 PM
Get this book by Arnold Snyder:

Arnold Snyder's Poker Tournament Formula (http://www.pokertournamentformula.com/)

Not directly applicable to you - as it's aimed more towards MTT, but it is a very rich source even for a cash player like me

It is one of those rare poker books that is ...

well written & thought provoking - get it ! :)