PDA

View Full Version : Cannot use HEM2 offline

pytris
07-06-2012, 11:42 AM
Dears,
I am using HEM2 for several months. Now I discovered, that if I go offline HEM 2 is asking me for a registration.
What I have done so far:
- Re-set my profile info on holdem account
- re-registered the HEM2 again
- deleted .lic file

and after every action (set license code), if I go offline, I cannot use the HEM2

More on top, even I re-set all profiles and start the HEM2 online I do not need to set the license key again and HEM2 is working immediately.

PLease, do not avice me to put .exe files to exception to firewall as this doesnt help at all. Also I am not using any ad/aware or cc cleaner SW (also found in some thread)

WHat should I do to be able to use HEM2 offline????
Thanks for advices

Sarek
07-06-2012, 12:28 PM
When HM starts, it goes to the license server looking for registration info.
If PC is offline - this info can not be obtained.

pytris
07-06-2012, 01:23 PM
When HM starts, it goes to the license server looking for registration info.
If PC is offline - this info can not be obtained.

aha...in other words...I cannot use it offline. Am I correct?
But this is obviously new feature as I am travelling a lot and few months ago I was using it in airplane. I am not sure, if it was HEM2 or HEM1.

In any case, it is a best opportunity to do detailed analysis while beeing offline. And as I said, HEM used to work offline.
Please. let me know

fozzy71
07-07-2012, 11:06 PM
This is something we are investigating. It does not seem to affect all users the same way so it is going to take some time and work for the developers to investigate and implement possible fixes.

pytris
09-19-2012, 05:00 PM
This is something we are investigating. It does not seem to affect all users the same way so it is going to take some time and work for the developers to investigate and implement possible fixes.

Any news? still doesnt work offline (besides of other troubles) and this is very annoying if you bought a SW and cannot use it as you want.

fozzy71
09-19-2012, 05:57 PM
Any news? still doesnt work offline (besides of other troubles) and this is very annoying if you bought a SW and cannot use it as you want.

This is still an open ticket in our system.

The assigned internal ticket # on this issue is HM-5316.

I have added your email address to the ticket so we can notify you once we have fixed it.

CuoReNeRo
10-30-2012, 04:12 PM
Up.

Any news?

fozzy71
10-30-2012, 08:52 PM
It is still an unresolved ticket but it is being worked on recently. Hopefully we will have some updates on this problem in the near future.

I have added your email address to the ticket so we can notify you once we have fixed it.

Vytenis
11-14-2012, 05:23 AM
UUp !! Is this a bug that affects some people or is this the feature thats missing ?
Poker players dont always have internet when analyzing hands !

fozzy71
11-14-2012, 02:27 PM
It is a bug that affects all users I believe. We are investigating this but it is proving to be very difficult to fix as we haven't been able to narrow down when this bug was introduced.

CuoReNeRo
11-14-2012, 03:05 PM
Before June it worked for sure.

fozzy71
11-14-2012, 08:22 PM
Thank you for the information. I will add your comments to the ticket in case it might help them narrow it down. I think this might be a server-side issue and not a change in the actual program code which is why it is so hard for us to narrow down what caused the change in behavior. We are definitely trying to get this fixed but we are a bit preoccupied right now with all the issues brought up by the ftp relaunch last week. It is currently on our next milestone so hopefully we can get this resolved in the release after our next release.

eralcem
01-28-2013, 05:29 AM
UP!

It doesn't work till now, have you got a solution?

i use my laptop in train without internet and i would like to use HM2!

pytris
01-28-2013, 01:44 PM
UP!

It doesn't work till now, have you got a solution?

i use my laptop in train without internet and i would like to use HM2!

Still doesnt work, so I am using a workaround :-) before leaving to airport or trainstation I log in to HEM2 at home, where I have wiFi and than just do not shut down the laptot and do not close HEM2...thanks to the battery I could work offline up to 5 hours and if I know I will be out of internet for more days I just do not shut down the notebook neither close HEM2...thats it.

eralcem
01-28-2013, 02:49 PM
Still doesnt work, so I am using a workaround :-) before leaving to airport or trainstation I log in to HEM2 at home, where I have wiFi and than just do not shut down the laptot and do not close HEM2...thanks to the battery I could work offline up to 5 hours and if I know I will be out of internet for more days I just do not shut down the notebook neither close HEM2...thats it.

lol it's a solution.....and i do it sometime, my battery just work 15mins. But if we have the key on ours laptop it must be work!!
thanks you pytris, if we spam the thread do you think they work on it ;)

udbrky
01-29-2013, 02:27 AM
This is in the queue to be added.

You can close your laptop, keep the programs running and not have your battery lose a lot of battery life. I leave mine on like that for months at a time.

CuoReNeRo
01-29-2013, 08:43 AM
I leave mine on like that for months at a time.

You're lucky. :P

udbrky
01-29-2013, 11:44 PM
Well, I checked, and 3 weeks will run it down low - and this is a 5-year-old laptop that I've changed batteries on. But for short times, like traveling 4 hours, I don't turn it off. I also don't use it a ton, it's relegated to testing things for HM these days, as my regular grinding is done live and I don't travel and grind hardly any more.

eralcem
01-30-2013, 05:10 AM
But for short times, like traveling 4 hours, I don't turn it off.

My laptop is four year old and my battery life is .....15min , i even not arrive to the train station. and after when i found an electric outlet in the train , it's to late....

So the travel is not the reel problem, but it's a problem, isn't it? (when your are in holidays without internet it's the same problem)
Thanks for your researh.Can i be on the list of persons you inform when the problem will be fixed?

udbrky
01-30-2013, 02:54 PM
I have added you to be notified.

teddy_beer
03-27-2013, 05:12 AM
Please, notify me when the problem is resolved.

fozzy71
03-27-2013, 06:29 PM
Please, notify me when the problem is resolved.

If anyone else wants to be notified when it is fixed please send an email to support@holdemmanager.com and include "Notify Me When HM-5316 Is Resolved" in the subject line and body of the email.

Vytenis
03-28-2013, 08:37 AM
Any timeline for this ?

fozzy71
03-28-2013, 01:48 PM
Any timeline for this ?

I do not have an official ETA yet. I have added your email address to the ticket so we can notify you once we have fixed it.

If anyone else wants to be notified when it is fixed please send an email to support@holdemmanager.com and include "Notify Me When HM-5316 Is Resolved" in the subject line and body of the email.

Vytenis
04-08-2013, 12:07 PM
I do not have an official ETA yet.

That's very sad, given it is already 9 months since the bug was reported for the first time.

fozzy71
04-08-2013, 01:34 PM
That's very sad, given it is already 9 months since the bug was reported for the first time.

This ticket is 'on deck' which means it is in the short list queue for a developer to begin work on. I can't promise an ETA still but it is finally getting closer to being resolved.

Vytenis
03-14-2014, 05:33 AM
20 months have passed and still not resolved. Really dissapointing

nubson
03-14-2014, 06:44 AM
Hm2 is down do something

fozzy71
03-14-2014, 08:57 AM
The HM registration servers were down for a few hours starting at 4AM GMT today. The problem was not resolved until the server was reset at 11 AM GMT.

We sincerely apologize for our delay in response to this situation. Specific protocols in place for alerts failed to happen coupled with an unfortunate few hour gap in coverage on our support desk that coincided with the time frame. We are working now to ensure that this does not occur again.