PDA

View Full Version : Failed to establish connection Postgres

AwesomeLuck
07-06-2012, 09:26 AM
Hi,

Hold 'em manager was working fine but my pc crashed once and now I can't connect to Postgres. I've tried to delete the file you said in the FAQ. Didn't work. Tried to reboot and start/stop postgres. Also nothing. After that I reinstalled postgres completely. After that I got into HEM, but once I shut my pc down and boot it the next day, the same errors occurs. Any help?

Sarek
07-06-2012, 11:51 AM
Which antivirus \ firewall do you have?
Try to uninstall both and see what happens.
Not "disable" - but fully uninstall

AwesomeLuck
07-06-2012, 01:19 PM
My pc won't let me change the firewall settings. And uninstalled the anti virus software. Don't think that would be the problem. Like I said HEM worked totally fine until my pc crashed.

Patvs
07-06-2012, 10:16 PM
Why can't you change the firewall settings?
Turn on the Windows Firewall:

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe, even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Make sure your video card drivers and windows auto updates are fully updated. Run a manual Windows Update and install all updates, including all .net framework updates.

AwesomeLuck
07-07-2012, 08:15 AM
Did all of the above, and none worked..

Patvs
07-07-2012, 05:59 PM
Install SQL 8.2 to port 5433: http://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/binary/v8.2.22/win32/postgresql-8.2.22-1.zip

AwesomeLuck
07-08-2012, 05:17 AM
Did it and it didn't helped.

Sarek
07-08-2012, 12:07 PM
Please email to arrange Teamviewer session.
Address is on top of this page