PDA

View Full Version : Selectively purge observed HH's ?

_Loki_
02-14-2010, 12:09 PM
Hi - I can't see an option in "observed hand history configuration" to filter for number of players

I have a lot of hands on my 6max PokerStars pgIII database that are observed pre-fetch hands & I want to dump a lot of them, BUT not those with more than 3 players...

Q1] How can I purge or delete observed HH's based on # players ?
PS since there's no cache rebuilder feature yet... I would then export/re-import what's left of my played + observed pre-fetch hands so as to get rid of the stats associated with the purged hands

Q2] If this can't be done is there an export or import filter in HM so that I could either...
1] Export JUST the hands I want to keep so that I can re-import them into a new DB ? or...
2] Import only HH's from my HM archive that have more than say 4 players ?
BTW: I know I could filter the HUD stats for number of players, but this is not what I want to do - it's inelegant

Q3] If there's no way of doing the above do you know where I could look for a 'script' that could filter/partial delete a copy of my HM Archive before I import ? I was thinking that maybe there was a 3rd party 'file finder' that I could set up with certain rules to delete only those HH's which don't contain my player name AND have less than 4 players

Thanks

morny
02-14-2010, 01:27 PM
Q1] How can I purge or delete observed HH's based on # players ?
PS since there's no cache rebuilder feature yet... I would then export/re-import what's left of my played + observed pre-fetch hands so as to get rid of the stats associated with the purged hands

This isnt possible at the moment but Feel free to make your suggestions here:
Customer Feedback & Ideas for HoldemManager (http://holdemmanager.uservoice.com/forums/5307-holdem-manger-suggestions)

Q2] If this can't be done is there an export or import filter in HM so that I could either...
1] Export JUST the hands I want to keep so that I can re-import them into a new DB ? or...
2] Import only HH's from my HM archive that have more than say 4 players ?
BTW: I know I could filter the HUD stats for number of players, but this is not what I want to do - it's inelegant

The best option is to follow this FAQ FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: How to Import & Export Hands (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/98/How+to+Import+%26+Export+Hands#export) dates and instead of filtering by specific date, go to filter > edit > and filter by no of players and then export those.

There is no import filter that can do this currently

Q3] If there's no way of doing the above do you know where I could look for a 'script' that could filter/partial delete a copy of my HM Archive before I import ? I was thinking that maybe there was a 3rd party 'file finder' that I could set up with certain rules to delete only those HH's which don't contain my player name AND have less than 4 players

Well the export option sounds a lot easier, if you take the script option id say youll need to contact a programmer to do this as im not aware of such a script.

_Loki_
02-14-2010, 05:16 PM
Hi Morny - Thanks for your quick reply

The best option is to follow this FAQ FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: How to Import & Export Hands (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/98/How+to+Import+%26+Export+Hands#export) dates and instead of filtering by specific date, go to filter > edit > and filter by no of players and then export those

But, it doesn't work - This is what I did:

** Created a miniature test DB with a mixture of observed & played 6max cash hands
** cash sidebar 'tab' > hands tab > filter > more than = 4 players
** All hands
** Right-click a hand > export all hands to HDD > folder

The test DB had 122 players of which I played against 95, but the exported .txt contained only the hands (& players) that I actually played. Players that I pre-fetch observed were not exported

QUESTIONS:
For your suggestion to work do I have to do something clever with the ALIAS feature ?
I can't get my head around a solution to this, but I think the problem might be that by having my poker site name selected I am automatically excluding hands that I didn't play in ?

_Loki_
02-14-2010, 06:00 PM
How do I turn off your "transferring data from translate.googleapis.com..." feature ?
It slows loading speed & surely an English language viewer (me) can disable that when on your site ?
It takes a lot longer to load the 'reply' & 'quote' boxes when posting

General viewing is not slowed

Anyway I'm posting now because I think I may have messed up the export test so I will try again tomorrow

_Loki_
02-15-2010, 02:24 AM
It doesn't work...

I created a DB with just 1 hand I played in & 99 observed hands. All hands were NL cash

I then tried 3 different exports from 'Cash Games' > 'Hands':

A.
For 'player' I selected player X who had played in 6 hands
Made sure it said 'ALL HANDS' on the date filter button
To the right of the 'filter' button it said 'No Filter'
Right-clicked one of X's 6 hands
Selected 'Export all hands to hard drive'
RESULTS:
ALL of X's 6 hands were exported
NONE of anyone elses hands were exported (except of course for when they played X)

B.
For 'player' I selected my name
To the right of the 'filter' button it said 'No Filter'
I right-clicked my 1 hand
RESULTS:
Only my 1 hand was exported
NONE of anyone elses hands were exported (except of course for when they played me)

C.
I chose player X again (who had played in 6 hands)
To the right of the 'filter' button it said 'NL, # Players' because I filtered for # players more than 4
Right-clicked one of X's 6 hands
RESULTS:
ALL of X's 6 hands were STILL exported including the 2 hands in which he only played against 3 other players
NONE of anyone elses hands were exported (except of course for when they played X)

_Loki_
02-15-2010, 06:13 AM
I have successfully tested a way of creating a 6max NL cash DB that contains exactly A & B below & no other hands (nor most importantly the stats of other hands):
A. All my played hands (total # players dealt in = 2 to 6)
B. My observed hands (total # players dealt in = 5 & 6 only)

I tested it on a VERY SMALL sample & it works, but I suspect it's impractical on a home PC because it depends on creating an alias that includes ALL the players except me - this would be many 1,000's of names

################

Q1. I can't see how to select more than one player at a time to add to an alias. Is it possible ? If that's not possible my method is impractical

Q2. If it can be done & I manage to create this huge alias I suspect HM will freeze or crash my computer when I try changing 'player' to the mega-alias. Has anybody else on the forum tried to do this for 100's/1000's of players ?

netsrak
02-15-2010, 08:35 AM
Q1: you can only select 1 player. It might be possible to write a SQL command creating this