PDA

View Full Version : Tournament Summary Situation

jrw5001
02-14-2010, 11:57 AM
Hello,

After reformmating my hard drive I had to request pokerstars to send me all the summaries from tournaments I've played in 2009. Unfortunately, only 250 or so were able to be provided with detailed summaries, the remainder are just in the format:

PokerStars Tournament #208740950, No Limit Hold'em
Buy-In: $5.00/$0.25 USD
Tournament started 2009/11/01 14:28:01 ET
Tournament finished 2009/11/01 14:53:56 ET

With no information with respect to my finish, payouts, etc... Stars was however able to present me with a spreadsheet with:

Date/Time Tourney# Game Currency Buy-In Rebuys/Addons Rake Place Entries Prize

as the headings for all of my tournaments. Is there anyway for me to easily import this data into HEM for the missing/"incomplete" tournaments? What is the minimum information required for stars tournaments histories to be imported in HEM? If I had to, I imagine I could use some programming to read the tournament numbers, calculate prizepools, put my place etc... into some format where I just have like

PokerStars Tournament #(have tournament number read from file entered here), (have game entered here)
Buy-In: $(buy in from file here)/$(rake from file here) (currency from file here)
(# of entries from file here) players
Total Prize Pool: $(entries*buy-in from file here) (currency from file here)
Tournament started (I can get these datalines from incomplete summaries)
Tournament finished (I can get these datalines from incomplete summaries)

Then could I just have:

(place from file here): myname (Location), $(prize from file here) (prize/prizepool*100 from file here%)

Or am I required to account for the full prizepool and each place?
Thanks!

fozzy71
02-14-2010, 12:02 PM
What file types are these files? .HTM or similar? Have you tried the Import File(s) option in HM?

jrw5001
02-14-2010, 12:16 PM
http://i50.tinypic.com/2yzezw5.jpg

This is a picture of the excel spreadsheet stars sent me. In the top right corner I also included the format of the notepad file they sent me with all the summaries. The bottom right has what the last few hundred summaries are like. The spreadsheet they sent me was also sent to me in a .asp format (which I'm not sure will help). The import file function doesn't seem to work with excel file they sent (or if I simply copy/paste the information into a .txt file).

fozzy71
02-14-2010, 01:10 PM
You need to request and import any/all your tournament histories and import those to HM. Stars does not write the tourney summaries to your hard drive, like FTP does.

Email support@pokerstars.com and ask for ALL your old Hand Histories and Tournament Summaries.

The hands will be linked in the email body in zip files. You download and unzip those to a new folder, then Import From Folder. The summaries will be attached to the email, most likely as .HTM or .HTML files. Download those and Import File(s) to pick them. It should ask you for the hero name that the summaries belong to.

Then later, you want to import the summaries on a regular basis:

Pokerstars > Lobby > Requests > Tournament History .. > 200

Then you have to create a text file, from the email, to import to HM.

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Import Emailed Hand Histories (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/117/Import+Emailed+Hand+Histories+)

MicroRoller
03-07-2010, 07:06 PM
I received the same type of HTML file from Pokerstars when I emailed them for my tournament results. It didn't work for me.

Is this file type not supported? If not, can you consider supporting this file type as it seems to be common?

At first I thought it was because there were a couple of PLO and 8-game mtts in there, but even after I deleted those rows it still didn't work and I couldn't find any meaningful errors in the logs. The import screen did indicate there were errors.

I tried converting the data to a csv file but that didn't import either.

morny
03-08-2010, 12:42 AM
Excel files arent supported but HTML ones are, what happened when you tried to import, did it say imported 1 of 1 or what? probably not wise to be editing html files as the spacing can sometimes be messed up, send the original file to support@holdemmanager.net and well have a look at it

MicroRoller
03-08-2010, 01:23 AM
Excel files arent supported but HTML ones are, what happened when you tried to import, did it say imported 1 of 1 or what? probably not wise to be editing html files as the spacing can sometimes be messed up, send the original file to support@holdemmanager.net and well have a look at it

So this type of HTML file is supposed to work?

The first time I tried to import it, there was an error. I poked around the log files and found a 'data'ImportErrors.txt file that showed the html for the entire row that contained an 8-game tournament. That's when I decided to try removing that and a PLO tournament. I deleted all the html from the start to end tr tags.

Sometimes I get errors but can't find a log with the errors. Sometimes it just says 1 of 1 file imported 0 hands 0 errors.

I even tried changing the game type just to see if it worked but still no go. I also changed the filename before importing a second time. It seems it won't import the same file twice?

I'll email the file

chilin_dude
04-01-2010, 12:52 PM
Any update on this? Stars emailed me the same spreadsheet esque reply. Cheers

morny
04-01-2010, 03:18 PM
The spreadsheet wont import you need to request the html file, if your html file doesnt import please email it to me and ill look into it

bballwiz
04-20-2010, 12:30 AM
Is there an update on this? I just received the same type of file and tried to import without success.

netsrak
04-20-2010, 07:01 AM
Its still the same, you need a html file

bballwiz
04-20-2010, 11:41 AM
The file I received says that it is an html file. It says html document.

netsrak
04-20-2010, 11:54 AM
Then you should be able to import it via import file.
It may be necessary to edit the file mask in the file open dialogue.

bballwiz
04-20-2010, 02:23 PM
Nothing happens when I try and import so kinda stuck on what to do

morny
04-20-2010, 05:56 PM
When you say nothing do you mean it immediately stops importing, or does it just take ages and your not seeing anything happening?

can you email the html file to support@holdemmanager.com if you continue to have issues

bballwiz
04-20-2010, 06:30 PM
I click the file and then a message pops up saying you are importing a pokerstars html summary and since these do not include a screen name you will need to attach the reults to a ascreen name in your database.

I then click my name and nothing happens. The results are still left incomplete.

morny
04-20-2010, 06:42 PM
Ok so it does import but it doesnt update the results

Please email the hands and the corresponding summary to support@holdemmanager.net and also link to this thread

adurnin
04-21-2010, 11:57 PM
Couldn't you guys just come to a deal with Stars where they write the tourney summaries to our hard drive like FTP? It would cut out a lot of nonsense.

morny
04-22-2010, 07:47 PM
Theres nothing we can do on our end, if they write them well quickly add support but its stars development team that make those decisions and not HM

MicroRoller
04-22-2010, 07:53 PM
Can't you just support this file since it's what PS seems to be sending out now?

morny
04-22-2010, 08:27 PM
We do support it:confused:, hes on about why dont stars just save it to the hard drive so he doesnt have request it and manually import it, if they saved it like the hand history then auto import would pick it up and it would update automatically

adurnin
04-22-2010, 08:32 PM
^^^ exactly what i meant, moaning about pokerstars, not HEM!

MicroRoller
04-22-2010, 09:17 PM
We do support it:confused:, hes on about why dont stars just save it to the hard drive so he doesnt have request it and manually import it, if they saved it like the hand history then auto import would pick it up and it would update automatically

No you don't support that file. I had the same type of file and it didn't import. Others have as well. I emailed it and was told HEM wouldn't import it.

morny
04-22-2010, 09:59 PM
Thats a bug, Ive imported tens of thousands of summaries without any issues, once youve sent it to support well look into fixing the bug or do you mean the xml file, that isnt supported but html and text files are, it gets quite complicated if you start supporting lots of different formats it means when changes are made we spend a lot more time debugging and less time developing. Stars will provide html or text summaries no problem if you just ask

bballwiz
04-22-2010, 11:02 PM
I'm currently reinstalling all my hands and then will try and import the summaries which are html files again, this time with the new release. Hopefully this time it works or i'll be quite annoyed I wasted another 8 hours for nothing

MicroRoller
04-22-2010, 11:56 PM
I received an email from pokerstars after I requested my tournament summaries. They sent me an HTML file that looked like the spreadsheet in the screenshot earlier in this thread except it was an HTML file.

I went to import it and HEM asked me for my screenname, which I provided but it didn't update the results.

I posted a thread, emailed the file as requested and got the following reply.

Hello,

Unfortunately this is the wrong file type for importing. Please request .txt summaries of each game and import the files into HM. Let me know if you have any other questions.

James

Stars wouldn't send me individual .txt summary files for all my mtts.

This is annoying that on the forums you insist that it works but when I email the file you claim it's not supported.

bballwiz
04-23-2010, 12:06 AM
I received an email from pokerstars after I requested my tournament summaries. They sent me an HTML file that looked like the spreadsheet in the screenshot earlier in this thread except it was an HTML file.

I went to import it and HEM asked me for my screenname, which I provided but it didn't update the results.

I posted a thread, emailed the file as requested and got the following reply.

Stars wouldn't send me individual .txt summary files for all my mtts.

This is annoying that on the forums you insist that it works but when I email the file you claim it's not supported.

I'm in the same spot as you and was told that these files would work although they haven't yet.

Arctic-Aces
04-23-2010, 12:11 AM
I'm currently reinstalling all my hands and then will try and import the summaries which are html files again, this time with the new release. Hopefully this time it works or i'll be quite annoyed I wasted another 8 hours for nothing

Im trying this too right now. but when i first put in the tourney spreadsheet thing, it didnt change anything.

Arctic-Aces
04-23-2010, 01:51 AM

Im trying this too right now. but when i first put in the tourney spreadsheet thing, it didnt change anything.

nope that didnt work

bballwiz
04-23-2010, 01:58 AM
lol mines still going wont be done til tommorow. But im like 95% sure its not gona work, then i want to know why cuz they said its supposed to

netsrak
04-23-2010, 05:10 AM
If its not working please mail the file and the hands with a link to this thread and an explanation to support@holdemmanager.net and we take a look at it.

bballwiz
04-23-2010, 05:08 PM
Just finished finally and it worked sporadically. One month was somewhat complete but still missing some, while other months were completely incomplete

Bennobal
04-28-2010, 11:37 AM
I have the same issue. Played tournies (and all hands were imported during these tournies, they are also in the database). However the results/summaries are not updated even if I import the .htm files. (import from file, select nickname ; then it imports and finishes within a second. 1 file of 1 imported.; I go to tourney result tab, no difference) The results stay blank.

Why do I need to email all the HH that are already imported w/no errors.

EDIT: also, I dont have to re-import all hand histories do I? That would seem dumb. I read in an other thread to import the HH before importing the .htm summary files. But the HH's are already imported while I was playing the mtt's and and can search through them in the database etc. It's just that the summary info won't update.

Arctic-Aces
04-28-2010, 02:58 PM
Well sometimes mine works when I import the tourney summaries and sometimes it doesn't.

:confused:

Bennobal
04-28-2010, 04:49 PM
yeah, my files are .htm not .html if that makes difference. Furthermore, you'll see the firefox logo on the files. I think that shouldn't make a difference, but the more info the better I guess.

Bennobal
05-05-2010, 03:45 AM
Anyone found the solution to this?

morny
05-05-2010, 05:32 PM
The problem is we need to reproduce the problem so we can fix it, if anyone can do this ill recreate the problem and then send to the developers with high priority.

The problem is people say these hands wont import and send us the hand histories and summaries, when we import it then it works fine for us. It seems its specific summaries that wont import into specific databases from what im hearing.

So if you make a backup of your database and send us the link via www.yousendit.com and also the last summaries that wouldn't import ill recreate this and send to the developer.

support@holdemmanager.com

MicroRoller
05-05-2010, 06:00 PM
The problem is ...

As I stated previously in this thread, I sent in my HTML file and was told it is not supported. This seems to be what PS is sending out now in lieu of the zip file of tournament summaries.

My previous post http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/26426-tournament-summary-situation-3.html#post143192

morny
05-05-2010, 06:16 PM
Sorry for the confusion, i know for certain that those htm files will work so if you send it to me with the corresponding hand histories ill check it. There was an issue with some files not importing properly but the majority of them should. Any that don't well send to the developers to fix.

If its a case it works for me in a blank database but not for you then if you want you could backup your database and send it to me.

If the last time you sent the summaries and hands just PM your email you used and ill reopen it and find the hands, if you just sent the summary file please send it again with the corresponding hands. Again sorry for the mixup

bballwiz
05-05-2010, 06:36 PM
I have reimported twice and it doesn't work for me. And i sent an email about it and haven't heard back.

morny
05-05-2010, 07:39 PM
PM sent

MicroRoller
05-05-2010, 07:54 PM
morny has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove morny from the recipient list and send the message again.

I sent the HTML file via email around Mar 8th. My screen name here is part of my email address.

morny
05-06-2010, 01:20 PM
Thanks, ive located the email and im looking into this, im going to try and write up a detailed FAQ explaining exactly what files you should request and show examples to avoid confusion in future.

For Microroller there seems to be an import error with the summary but also some important information like payout structure is missing so im trying to clarify exactly what type of summary is needed.

Arctic-Aces
05-06-2010, 04:29 PM
For me, when I request the "last 200 tourney history", sometimes it works fine and other times is does not work at all.

Ihave had it not work, then try the same history later and it will import. So it is not like I get a bad 'history' every once and while, it has been be in HEM.

Also happened when I got the htm. file. At first it didn't work, but tried it later and I think it took all the tourney summary. But a week later I tried to add my new tourney summary with my new games that I play and I couldn't get that one to work.

Do you need all the Hand histories from the tournies to do a 'tourney summary htm.' import?

morny
05-06-2010, 05:06 PM
What ill need from anyone that has an issue where the summaries work sometimes is the next time you get a summary that doesnt work first check if there is a payout structure for each tournament summary. That is needed for it to work as we must know what everyone in the money won.

If your summaries have that then backup your database before doing anything else FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Backup & Restore Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/72/Backup+%26+Restore+Database)

Upoload the database via www.yousendit.com or something similar and send me the link along with the summaries that wont import and ill investigate it further.

MicroRoller
05-06-2010, 05:27 PM
What do you mean by pay out structure? Can you attach two versions? One that works and one that doesn't?

morny
05-06-2010, 05:36 PM
The htm files ive seen just seem to have just the tourney number, start and finish date, what position you finished etc

From what im seeing these are not working but the ones you request for the last 200 summaries has all the finishing places and payout structure i.e 1st place $2500, 2nd place $1800 etc.

Im going to get in contact with stars and try and get some htm and other formats and do some testing so we can figure out which files are compatible and ill post a FAQ explaining this and hopefully that should clear everything up. Ill keep you updated in this thread when stars reply to me

Arctic-Aces
05-19-2010, 11:50 AM
What ill need from anyone that has an issue where the summaries work sometimes is the next time you get a summary that doesnt work first check if there is a payout structure for each tournament summary. That is needed for it to work as we must know what everyone in the money won.

If your summaries have that then backup your database before doing anything else FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Backup & Restore Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/72/Backup+%26+Restore+Database)

Upoload the database via www.yousendit.com or something similar and send me the link along with the summaries that wont import and ill investigate it further.

sigh, looks like im gonna have to do this.

like I said before, sometimes it works and sometimes its doesn't (even with the latest version), but it hasn't worked the last few times I have tried it (it being request tour. his.- last 200 tour. from stars.)

when i get this done, i'll PM you

MicroRoller
06-18-2010, 08:53 AM
So has all this tournament stuff on PokerStars been resolved now with their new HH versions that show winnings and finish position?

I didn't notice there was a new HEM version until after my last MTT cash so can't confirm.

morny
06-18-2010, 08:19 PM
Weve been in contact with stars to see if they can add the finish position aswell but havent heard anything back yet, either way i expect we will still go ahead and import the information they do write i.e finish position and winnings

MicroRoller
06-18-2010, 08:34 PM
Weve been in contact with stars to see if they can add the finish position aswell but havent heard anything back yet, either way i expect we will still go ahead and import the information they do write i.e finish position and winnings

Finish position is included in the new HH file.

Only thing missing seems to be size.

morny
06-18-2010, 08:51 PM
Sorry thats what i meant, the size. btw i havent played an MTT on stars in a long, do they have a similar setup where you can register late for a tournament and is that the norm? That could pose an issue if you get knocked out and the tournament size hasnt been decided or would it really matter that much?

MicroRoller
06-18-2010, 09:13 PM
Sorry thats what i meant, the size. btw i havent played an MTT on stars in a long, do they have a similar setup where you can register late for a tournament and is that the norm? That could pose an issue if you get knocked out and the tournament size hasnt been decided or would it really matter that much?

Most tourneys have late registration up to about an hour or so and a lot of people sign up late.

If you're getting knocked out before registration closes I don't think it really matters that the size is exact as you're not anywhere near the money.

For me #entrants isn't that important but it's something nice to have.

That info is contained in the HTML summary file that was mentioned earlier and in other threads.

I haven't tried to import that again. Is there still a plan to get that to work?

morny
06-18-2010, 10:18 PM
We havent figured out the reason why the summaries occasionaly stop working, since we have the new system coming in soon its unlikely to get high priority i would think so creating a new database and reimporting when we get the new system up and running would probably be your best option.

Amerzel
06-23-2010, 06:15 PM
Does Full Tilt also send out complete tournament summaries in htm format that can be imported into Holdem Manager? I emailed them but was given an excel file that seems to have all the information in it. I just emailed back asking if it's also available in htm format for use with Holdem Manager.

Thanks,
Amerzel

Amerzel
06-23-2010, 10:48 PM
They sent me a *.mhtml file. I'm guessing it won't work but I'll give it a shot. If it doesn't work should I email it so it could possibly be supported in the future?

Amerzel

netsrak
06-25-2010, 05:45 AM
Yes, please mail the original tourney hands and the summaries you received to support@holdemmanager.net. Please add a link to this thread and an explanation.
We can then have a look at it.