PDA

View Full Version : Run good or run bad?

mdesjard
02-13-2010, 05:04 PM
Hi,

I'm pretty new to Hold'em manager. I'm trying to figure out the best way to see if I run good or bad. I play mostly limit poker, so the all-in EV graph is not that useful (I guess).

I tried one thing. After a session, I filter to all my hands that I went to showdown.

Then, for each hand, I average my EV (% of winning as given by HM in the hand replayer) preflop, on the flop and on the turn.

For example, in my last session, I played some hands. 30 hands went to showdown.

My average EV preflop was 53.1%, on the flop 57.3% and on the turn 51.9%

I then compare to my W$SD which is at 43.3 for those 30 hands and I see that I've been running bad.

I know the sample size is pretty low and that's why if I'm wondering if there is a better way to estimate the run good/run bad factor. And if not, would there be anyway to automate those calculations, maybe with custom stats? It wasn't too long with 30 hands, but it would take a lot longer to do it with a couple thousands hands.

Any help would be appreciated!

EDIT: Seems like something is wrong with the WTSD%

I played 465 hands and my WTSD% is 31.6, so according to HM, I should have seen a showdown for 147 hands. But when I use the filter SAW SHOWDOWN = TRUE, only 30 hands show up.

How come??

fozzy71
02-13-2010, 06:40 PM
I don't know how to analyze Limit, but I would be glad to try and help answer the other technical questions. Here is a copy of my answer to your post at 2p2.

If you want to send me your original hands from the archive I can try to look at this in-depth. Please 7-Zip (http://www.7zip.org) the hands and email them to me at fozzy@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread, and your forum name. Your \HMArchive is likely not in your \Holdem Manager directory. We normally suggest you use C:\HMArchive, but you may have put it anywhere.

To verify the location: Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit > Archive Folder: ___________________

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Warning: You have XXX Hand History Files in your Auto Import Folders (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/119/Warning:+You+have+XXX+Hand+History+Files+in+your+A uto+Import+Folders)

The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HMArchive\2009\07\31).

mdesjard
02-13-2010, 06:51 PM
Thanks a lot, I appreciate the quick reply.

As I said on 2p2, I figured out the problem, WTSD% is a percentage of hands that saw the flop and went to showdown, not all hands.

As for the rest, I'm just wondering if I can access my equity preflop, on the flop and on the turn. It seems to be available for no-limit as the All-in EV, but that's not exactly what I need, I need just the equity in all situations, not when I'm all-in.

I guess it's harder to display since it doesn't apply to all hands, obviously, you need to know the cards of at least one opponent.

netsrak
02-14-2010, 07:50 AM
This is not an available feature at the moment. Please suggest it or vote for it here: Customer Feedback & Ideas for HoldemManager (http://holdemmanager.uservoice.com/pages/5307-holdem-manger-suggestions)