PDA

View Full Version : DB Corrupted Again

minifruit
02-13-2010, 11:06 AM
Is my entire DB going to become corrupted everytime my computer closes without going to shutdown while HM is running? seriously? My laptop battery is broken and when it suddenly closes HM always gets corrupted, and I am left with no choice but to reimport hundreds and hundreds of thousand of hands. I guess I should have backed up HM, but it is so huge that I dont have enough space on my PC. On another note, is it normal that my Postgres file in C: is 19 gigs? that seems like a lot. thanks for your help.

minifruit
02-13-2010, 12:01 PM
11 gigs of that is from the pg_log file. given that i have deleted my corrupt database and am now starting fresh, can i safely delete that file entirely, or at least its contents?

Patvs
02-13-2010, 12:25 PM
-1 you can delete the content of the pg_log folder.

-2 system crashes/power failures are disastrous for your database, often resulting in corruption.
The only possible solutions I can think of:
A.. often create a backup in pgAdminIII of your database, so you won't have to reimport all your hands every time it happens
B.. SQL 8.4.2 claims to have better "anti-corruption" support. So upgrade your SQL to 8.4.2 which can be downloaded at postgresql.org

-3 Fix your BATTERY!