PDA

View Full Version : Duplicate hands on HEM

frankpark9
02-13-2010, 03:41 AM
hi when i play it sometimes shows the hands 4x on HEM. not all the hands but some sessions i play, the hands show up 4x and when i'm achually down only $100 it says i'm down $400. is there a way to fix that

Patvs
02-13-2010, 01:32 PM
Did you ever use the backup/restore in pgadminIII,
a hands is not supposed to be duplicate in your database. This is a sign of a corrupt database.

Please update to the latest version - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

Create a NEW database and reimport all your hands...

morny
02-13-2010, 01:33 PM
sounds like there is a corruption in the database, can you create a new database FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Create / Delete Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/75/Create+%7B47%7D+Delete+Database) and reimport the hands into that and it should prevent it happening again

//OOPS sorry Pat didnt see your reply

frankpark9
02-13-2010, 10:58 PM
Did you ever use the backup/restore in pgadminIII,
a hands is not supposed to be duplicate in your database. This is a sign of a corrupt database.

Please update to the latest version - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

Create a NEW database and reimport all your hands...

ya i backup my database before and moved it to my new computer. why does that have effect on it?

Patvs
02-13-2010, 11:20 PM
The ONLY way.. to get a duplicate hand.. (because the auto import doesn't import duplicate hands).... is if you RESTORE a .backup file twice... or if you RESTORE a .backup file to a database that already contained a few imported hands. (THOSE hands.. will then end up twice in the database... because you must restore the .backup file to an empty database)

frankpark9
02-17-2010, 12:30 PM
The ONLY way.. to get a duplicate hand.. (because the auto import doesn't import duplicate hands).... is if you RESTORE a .backup file twice... or if you RESTORE a .backup file to a database that already contained a few imported hands. (THOSE hands.. will then end up twice in the database... because you must restore the .backup file to an empty database)

should i just uninstall HEM and reinstall again and backup my current database and put in in the new HEM?? i have over 7 million hands in my current database. what should i do?

Patvs
02-17-2010, 12:42 PM
If your current 7 million hand database already contains duplicate hands.... you're basically screwed. If you backup--> restore this database in pgAdminIII it'll still have all the duplicate hands.

If you know exactly where the duplicate hands are: for example all hands played in 2008, you can simply PURGE all 2008 hands.
But the best solution would be to reimport ALL your hands.

frankpark9
02-17-2010, 12:59 PM
If your current 7 million hand database already contains duplicate hands.... you're basically screwed. If you backup--> restore this database in pgAdminIII it'll still have all the duplicate hands.

If you know exactly where the duplicate hands are: for example all hands played in 2008, you can simply PURGE all 2008 hands.
But the best solution would be to reimport ALL your hands.

i dont have alot of duplicated hands. its only the ones i played in 2010. so its probably under 20k hands that's duplicated. i know my database is messed up because sometimes it doesnt import some hands and when i import 100k hand chucks, half of them are errors. do you recommended back up my database and reinstall HEM and pgAdmin? or do u recommend export all the hands and start a new database and reimport them?

morny
02-17-2010, 01:46 PM
Youll have to use export and reimport because restoring a database that is corrupt will also restore the corruption