PDA

View Full Version : URGENT, my hd is gone, maybe i can still save the DB

rebellz
02-12-2010, 12:28 PM
Hi, i have to format my hard disk, i can't open windows anymore, i managed to use a virtual machine with windows and i can see my hard disk, tried to open holdem manager to export the database but i can't open the .exe.
If i move the entire directory of HM in my usb device i also take the database and the settings or it's installed somewhere else?

morny
02-12-2010, 12:40 PM
The only viable option is to get access to the archive folder, typically this would be C:/HMarchive but you may have selected a different folder, if you cant spot them do a search for you username on that hard drive and it should pick up some of the hand histories, right click on any of the histories it finds and choose properties and then it should show you the location there stored in.

Once you find this folder copy it to the new PC and setup HM again and import into a fresh database. The only way you wont have an archive folder is if you specifically ticked the box to turn it off

Failing that there is a complicated method but its success rate when using folders from a different hard drive is very low as there is usually protection issues etc

Heres an example of what you need to do, its post #13 of this thread
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/25584-moving-postgresql-folder.html#post127036