PDA

View Full Version : When will FTP prefetch fixed?

novelmanhk25
02-12-2010, 03:26 AM
Please get this important feature fixed. Rush poker is just a small part of FTP games and we have seen enough effort putting into it. Now it is the time to get the important prefetch feature fixed for all games.

Please at least give an estimated time frame.

netsrak
02-12-2010, 05:56 AM
Sorry but we have to look for a new technical solution for this because the last FTP update broke it totally.

The things we implement for the Rush Hud might help us with this.
But its absolutely impossible at the moment to give an ETA.

novelmanhk25
02-12-2010, 06:13 AM
Pokertableratings is still tracking the hands with no problem. So is idleminer and highstakespokerdb. Looks like Pokertableratings and idleminer did not use the flash player hack right at the start. Not sure if this piece of information can help you but at least prefetching FTP hands is definitely possible at this moment.

Please try your best.

Thanks.

jimbob615
02-17-2010, 03:59 AM
+1 to this, its important, essentially means u cant play 1 hand at each table u start

ibombonato
02-17-2010, 10:56 AM
+1

mak
02-19-2010, 07:22 PM
+1. Please fix this ASAP.

melles
02-20-2010, 06:17 AM
+1

novelmanhk25
02-26-2010, 11:42 AM
Can we get a ETA? This is getting ridiculous.

morny
02-26-2010, 01:10 PM
Hi,

This is top priority and well get it added asap although i dont have a specific ETA

mak
02-27-2010, 05:32 AM
Can we get a ETA? This is getting ridiculous.

What an understatement. This problem is now 25+ days old. This should have been fixed a long time ago.

ibombonato
03-02-2010, 12:28 PM
Another update involving the ****** rush and nothing to solve this BIG problem.

Anybody knows if pre fetching is working on PT3 ?!

fozzy71
03-02-2010, 12:49 PM
I do not think they have solved it yet either.

From their release notes:

Beta 30.7 - Saturday February 20th

Changed:
Full Tilt memory grabber removed, since it's no longer functional

As has been mentioned, this will not be a simple fix. We have to code a completely new solution. Full Tilt made changes to try and thwart dataminers, which affected our pre-fetch as well.

Acid_Wave
03-02-2010, 01:21 PM
Another update involving the ****** rush and nothing to solve this BIG problem.

Anybody knows if pre fetching is working on PT3 ?!

Pre-fetch work fine on PT3. I run both PT3 and HEM. On rush tables only PT3.
On cash tables before first hand I use PT3, after first played hand HEM.

jimbob615
03-02-2010, 05:51 PM

As has been mentioned, this will not be a simple fix. We have to code a completely new solution. Full Tilt made changes to try and thwart dataminers, which affected our pre-fetch as well.

shouldn't pre-fetch be able to work the same way the HM rush hud works?

morny
03-02-2010, 06:09 PM
Yes we are continuing to work on this

novelmanhk25
03-03-2010, 09:35 PM
Acid_Wave, so PT3 has no problem prefetching FTP hands after the 2/2 update?

What is going on with Holdem Manager? It has been 1 month and they still can't fix this important feature. Look at your competitor! And stop doing updates with RUSH poker or multiple currency, those can wait! You NEED to fix the prefetch ASAP.

Pre-fetch work fine on PT3. I run both PT3 and HEM. On rush tables only PT3.
On cash tables before first hand I use PT3, after first played hand HEM.

MilkMan
03-06-2010, 11:47 PM

Thwart dataminers? Why don't you just give the folks at Pokertableratings a call, they had this fixed in about 12 hours.

mak
03-09-2010, 03:32 AM
35+ days and still no solution?!?!? This is getting ridiculous--especially when some places got a solution within 24 hours. Can you at least give us an ETA?

netsrak
03-09-2010, 05:50 AM
Sorry but we are still looking for a solution - so no ETA possible

eastern motors
03-09-2010, 10:31 PM

Have you tried asking the dataminers? The 3rd party forum on this board is full of people that know how to mine FTP. Selling HHs is their business and HEM lets them on the HEM forums so why not ask for something in return?

3rd Party Programs Compatible With Holdem Manager - Holdem Manager Forums (http://forums.holdemmanager.com/3rd-party-programs-compatible-holdem-manager/)

novelmanhk25
03-10-2010, 01:46 AM
Exactly. Why don't you ask HandsHQ for some clues so we don't have to wait for an indefinite amount of time? Or ask Pokertableratings or idleminer?

Have you tried asking the dataminers? The 3rd party forum on this board is full of people that know how to mine FTP. Selling HHs is their business and HEM lets them on the HEM forums so why not ask for something in return?

3rd Party Programs Compatible With Holdem Manager - Holdem Manager Forums (http://forums.holdemmanager.com/3rd-party-programs-compatible-holdem-manager/)

netsrak
03-10-2010, 04:21 AM
We are working on a solution and we are in contact with other programmers too but it needs some time.

novelmanhk25
03-12-2010, 01:27 PM
6 developers and still can't fix the damn FTP prefetch for 1.5 months. And there are other sites that fixed it within 24 hours. What is the excuse?

netsrak
03-13-2010, 07:35 AM
We used another technical solution.

And why should we need to excuse?

MilkMan
03-13-2010, 05:37 PM
We used another technical solution.

And why should we need to excuse?

You don't feel an obligation to address an issue that is clearly very important to your paying customers? Nice attitude. I can see you having a bright future in customer support...

... for Full Tilt.

fenhir
03-13-2010, 09:26 PM
You don't feel an obligation to address an issue that is clearly very important to your paying customers? Nice attitude. I can see you having a bright future in customer support...

... for Full Tilt.

First I LOLed... Then I was a bit sad... You are just right.

Since a few months the "support"-forum posts feel like the support from Full Tilt. There are so many "standard-posts" from fozzy and morny, which often dont help a bit and are just time-consuming...

It feels like they are the 1st-level-support and the 2nd- or 3rd-level (the real programmers behind HEM) is not looking after the problems of their paying customers anymore... Either the programmers should do more real support again... or the 1st-level has to be educated better... Which means they should be HEM-programmers themselves.

No offense fozzy and morny... You do your best... probably... But you are just not good enough for the job.

fozzy71
03-14-2010, 12:19 AM
First I LOLed... Then I was a bit sad... You are just right.

Since a few months the "support"-forum posts feel like the support from Full Tilt. There are so many "standard-posts" from fozzy and morny, which often dont help a bit and are just time-consuming...

We make standard, canned responses for one reason only, because they are the most common solutions to problems and we can't begin to troubleshoot anything until we know the customer is updated, running as admin, and has provided us with a config file and details. After seeing hundreds of the same problems and doing countless remote support sessions we know what things might help. Our canned responses are continually evolving and being updated.

It feels like they are the 1st-level-support and the 2nd- or 3rd-level (the real programmers behind HEM) is not looking after the problems of their paying customers anymore... Either the programmers should do more real support again... or the 1st-level has to be educated better... Which means they should be HEM-programmers themselves.

Nothing has changed with the support method except we have more staff now. We have always been first level support to filter what the developers see.

When I started last June it was just Fabio and myself. If we couldn't figure something out, it went to the developers. Now there are 5 other tech employees we can ask for assistance. If all 7 of us fail to fix something or it is beyond our knowledge it goes to the developers. The only difference now is there are more of us to bounce ideas/solutions off before we waste the developers time.

Very few tech issues on the forum ever require the developer's assistance. When they were on the forums more often, they were only watching and replying to the Releases stickied thread. They only ventured into other forums if we asked for their help. Now we have opened up the releases forum to be like the rest of the forums. We monitor them and escalate any problems to them as necessary. This allows them more time to work on programming new features and bug fixes.

No offense fozzy and morny... You do your best... probably... But you are just not good enough for the job.

:tape:

Boglord
03-14-2010, 01:06 PM
I wonder why HEM is charging a one time fee rather than a yearly fee...

All these whiners might actually have a valid argument then.

Now to the FTP "regs" that want pre fetching: have you ever stopped and wondered that perhaps HEM has more than just FTP clients and things to work on?

MilkMan
03-14-2010, 08:21 PM
Having criticised the attitude of Netsrak in this thread and despite continued frustration at the ftp pre-fetch shambles I'd just like to say that I think Fozzy does a great job. His responses in the forums are almost always timely and spot on. It's not his fault so many people ask retarded questions that require stock answers.

/fozzylove

Ajax
03-14-2010, 09:48 PM
There are so many "standard-posts" from fozzy and morny

Yeah, those standard posts seem so impersonal. About the only thing good about them is that they usually fix the problem.:cool:

netsrak
03-15-2010, 06:00 AM
Sorry guys....i just should answer we are working on it....

novelmanhk25
03-18-2010, 02:08 PM
Can we have some update in progress? What is the point of "we are working on it" with zero progress? Thanks.

Sorry guys....i just should answer we are working on it....

fozzy71
03-18-2010, 10:33 PM
Our current internal build that we are testing for 1.10.04 has FTP Pre-Fetch working again. If testing goes well it should be released soon.

novelmanhk25
03-19-2010, 02:55 AM
Good news, Fozzy71. Any chance you could pre release 1.10.04 for those that are eager to help testing?

Our current internal build that we are testing for 1.10.04 has FTP Pre-Fetch working again. If testing goes well it should be released soon.

LanceFire
03-19-2010, 01:03 PM
Glad to hear this is being worked on. +1 on needing this.

novelmanhk25
03-21-2010, 01:01 AM
Any chance you guys can release a beta version for those that are eager to try it out? It is very strange that the current release version is now always the same as the beta version. There is a reason to have a beta version, right?

Thanks and keep up the good work.

fozzy71
03-21-2010, 10:31 AM
This is the same process we always use. If we were currently working on 1.11 beta versions they would undergo internal testing as well before they are released as public betas.

When we release a version like we did with 1.10 we are hopeful that it is bug free and ready for release. Inevitably there are some things we miss in internal testing and those need to be taken care of to be sure that all of the new features we added in 1.10 are working correctly before we begin the beta versions of 1.11. Hopefully after we release 1.10.04 we will be able to begin work on 1.11 Beta 1, but we won't know that for sure until after .04 is released publicly.

ItsOnlyChips
03-24-2010, 10:41 PM
Just trying 10.04 right now and all I get is all players with 0 hands displayed. All the tables are recognized, but all players have 0 hands displayed. As soon as I play one hand, then normal hud with correct stats are shown. When I check prefetch HEM Data folder all I get is .pft files with player names and no HH. Is there additional options introduced with this release that I forgetting to enable?

MilkMan
03-24-2010, 11:29 PM
Just trying 10.04 right now and all I get is all players with 0 hands displayed. All the tables are recognized, but all players have 0 hands displayed. As soon as I play one hand, then normal hud with correct stats are shown. When I check prefetch HEM Data folder all I get is .pft files with player names and no HH. Is there additional options introduced with this release that I forgetting to enable?

yeah same for me, i've tried messing around with table sizes, avatars, layouts etc. with no success.

netsrak
03-25-2010, 04:01 AM
Sounds like the OCR doesn't recognize the player names correctly.

1) Make sure the FTP Lobby > Languages > Language Options are set to English.

2) The tables need to be sized appropriately. (600 - 750 range) If your Rush table is outside of that range a pop-up message in the HUD window will advise you.

3) Make sure your HUD doesn't overlap names on the table. We're using a screen scrape method for various reasons and the names must be visible so we can read them.

4) Most performance issues can be resolved by changing the table window size even by a small amount.See #1 and make sure you have the rush update installed http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

5) Test the Hud out on a normal table first to verify its working

6) Dont use any Aero or other windows themes, change it to the default xp/vistawin7 theme

XP Windows XP: Use Windows XP in "Classic view"
Vista Change the desktop theme
Win7
Windows 7 Switching Desktop Themes in Windows 7: Changing the Windows Aero Theme With Two Easy Methods

7) Turn Cleartype Off
Vista How to Turn Off ClearType in Windows Vista
Windows 7 Turn Off ClearType — MAXIMUMpcguides – Windows 7 tips, tricks, help, and how-to guides

8) Turn Avatars off in Full Tilt go to Options and untick Avatars

9) Switch between Classic and Racetrack in FT by going to Options > Table View

10) If you are using graphics mods you need to restore the default FTP graphics.

ItsOnlyChips
03-25-2010, 04:31 AM
Is #4 necessary? When I download HmUpdateRush.exe, it says it is 10.02 beta 2 which is an old release. Will this conflict with the current 10.04 release. I'm not playing on rush tables btw, so is this still needed?

netsrak
03-25-2010, 04:37 AM
Sorry, #4 is wrong, you need the latest update 1.10.04. I edited the link.

MilkMan
03-25-2010, 11:29 AM
Sorry, #4 is wrong, you need the latest update 1.10.04. I edited the link.

If the HUD works on my rush tables but pre-fetch is not working on regular tables (stats appear but are showing 0 hands played for each player) what is the most likely problem?

ibombonato
03-25-2010, 11:55 AM
It is working here! Almost perfect ;)

Just one thing i noted, but not a major problemn when im not sittin in:

If the table loads w some overlap, some names wont apears, and after i change the table location to get no overlap, its doesnt "reload";
Edit
I tested a litle more and the names loads even w overlap :-\ I dont know what happened the first time...

The same problemn if a player leave the table and another one sits in...

Is there a way to put an automatic "reload" or some button/option to do that manually?!

And the stats doesnt load to the center player, seat 3. Its not a problem for me, but people who dont use the auto center, probally will get mad...

Tks,

Ícaro

fenhir
03-25-2010, 07:28 PM
Is it possible to turn off prefetch?

As it seems to use OCR it probably needs a lot of resources.

fozzy71
03-25-2010, 11:32 PM
If the HUD works on my rush tables but pre-fetch is not working on regular tables (stats appear but are showing 0 hands played for each player) what is the most likely problem?

Are you sure the players it is pre-fetching have hands in your DB? If they don't have any hands in your DB yet it will show 0 hands when pre-fetching. Feel free to start a new thread and post some screen shots.

Please reproduce the problem and post a screen shot - Capture a Screen Shot of your Desktop or the Active Window in Windows (http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm)

with the following:

1) The table manager
2) The tables (including one with no stats)
3) The ...handhistory\screenname folder.
4) The "\rvg software\holdem manager\importing\hud data" folder AND the '\hem data' folder.

Please make 3 and 4 the detailed view with the dates and file sizes etc.

To attach it to a thread in the forums, look below the post reply button when you start a new thread and you'll see a manage attachments button. Click this and attach the file.

The same problemn if a player leave the table and another one sits in...

Are you talking about rush or normal tables?

It only pre-fetches the HUD for the table once. If you continue to observe and someone leaves and some else sits in, it will not update the pre-fetched HUD. After you sit and play a hand it should start updating the HUD.

And the stats doesnt load to the center player, seat 3. Its not a problem for me, but people who dont use the auto center, probally will get mad...

Rush tables? It doesnt show hero HUD for rush tables so if you sit in seat 4, with auto center off in ftp and hm seating preferences, the HUD should show for the player in seat 3 but not for the hero in seat 4.

Is it possible to turn off prefetch?

As it seems to use OCR it probably needs a lot of resources.

hud options > site options > full tilt > [ ] pre-fetch player data

ibombonato
03-26-2010, 11:42 AM
Fozzy, I am talking about normal 6max tables...

It only pre-fetches the HUD for the table once. If you continue to observe and someone leaves and some else sits in, it will not update the pre-fetched HUD. After you sit and play a hand it should start updating the HUD.

Yes, i know that... So im asking if there is a way to make a "reload" option to run pre-fetch again when i click it... So i can get the new values...

About the HUD not pre fetching the seat 3, is on normal 6 max tables, when im not sitted on the table...

MilkMan
03-26-2010, 04:35 PM
Are you sure the players it is pre-fetching have hands in your DB? If they don't have any hands in your DB yet it will show 0 hands when pre-fetching. Feel free to start a new thread and post some screen shots.

Yes definitely Fozzy, I have hands on lots of players and all of them show up as 0 hands played in the pre-fetched HUD. It appears to be scraping the names correctly but then not linking to my database correctly if you know what I mean. Anyway I will try get some screenshots up for you to see if it sheds any light thanks.

ItsOnlyChips
03-26-2010, 04:54 PM
Yes definitely Fozzy, I have hands on lots of players and all of them show up as 0 hands played in the pre-fetched HUD. It appears to be scraping the names correctly but then not linking to my database correctly if you know what I mean. Anyway I will try get some screenshots up for you to see if it sheds any light thanks.

This is the same problem for me. HUD names and location are right for prefetch, but all players have 0 hands. I know there is lots of hands in the DB for these players because as soon as I play 1 hand, the proper stats show up. I tried all the suggestions in post #40 and still no luck.

MilkMan
03-26-2010, 05:01 PM

I had opened and then closed tables Beetle and Manion, the same problem was present with them.

TJD
03-27-2010, 08:39 AM
I have uploaded screen shot in the thread I started with this same problem

looks like I am not alone :-)

t

fozzy71
03-27-2010, 11:21 AM
Yes, i know that... So im asking if there is a way to make a "reload" option to run pre-fetch again when i click it... So i can get the new values...

No, this is not possible, afaik.

About the HUD not pre fetching the seat 3, is on normal 6 max tables, when im not sitted on the table...

This must be an issue specific to your machine. I dont have any issues with that seat.

This is the same problem for me. HUD names and location are right for prefetch, but all players have 0 hands. I know there is lots of hands in the DB for these players because as soon as I play 1 hand, the proper stats show up. I tried all the suggestions in post #40 and still no luck.

I had a TV session with a 2p2 regular last night who has the same issue. I recorded my session and saved the hud files then sent them to Mike to look at. I think he might be out of town at the moment so this may take a bit of time to solve. Feel free to start your own dedicated thread with screen shots, etc, and/or email me directly so we can setup a teamviewer session to document it thoroughly to try and help Mike solve it.

LanceFire
03-27-2010, 12:15 PM
yeah same for me, i've tried messing around with table sizes, avatars, layouts etc. with no success.

Same here. I followed HEM popup instructions and made my stacked windows smaller, which fixed prefetch but I still get the zero hands and weird cap games recognition as limit.

MilkMan
03-28-2010, 10:52 AM
I had a TV session with a 2p2 regular last night who has the same issue. I recorded my session and saved the hud files then sent them to Mike to look at. I think he might be out of town at the moment so this may take a bit of time to solve. Feel free to start your own dedicated thread with screen shots, etc, and/or email me directly so we can setup a teamviewer session to document it thoroughly to try and help Mike solve it.

Thanks Fozzy, I'll sit tight for the moment as it seems this is a problem quite a few users are having. I just played a longish 2 tabling Rush poker session and the HUD worked absolutely perfectly. So it would seem the 0 hands pre-fetch issue is not related to the "usual" OCR rush issues.

Veteran68
03-28-2010, 12:07 PM
I'll just chime in to say I also have the pre-fetch issue where the HUD & correct names pop-up immediately but show zero hands until a hand is played. So it's doesn't appear to be an OCR problem since the names are correctly displayed.

EDIT: Well, that's interesting. I just fired up another session and this time it appears to be working. I just fired up a FR table and while waiting for the BB to come around to me, I got stats on 3 of the players at the table.

MilkMan
03-28-2010, 03:49 PM
I'll just chime in to say I also have the pre-fetch issue where the HUD & correct names pop-up immediately but show zero hands until a hand is played. So it's doesn't appear to be an OCR problem since the names are correctly displayed.

EDIT: Well, that's interesting. I just fired up another session and this time it appears to be working. I just fired up a FR table and while waiting for the BB to come around to me, I got stats on 3 of the players at the table.

if i'm not mistaken you might be the second person who had it working on FR tables but not on 6 max? could be a clue if so.

La Peste
03-28-2010, 03:57 PM
Was working for me, but as soon as I messed with the additional hud filters the players have zero hands. So this issue is something to do with the additional HUD filters.

ItsOnlyChips
03-28-2010, 04:55 PM
Was working for me, but as soon as I messed with the additional hud filters the players have zero hands. So this issue is something to do with the additional HUD filters.

Could u give some more details about this? Anything u remember changing could be helpful.

MilkMan
03-28-2010, 07:09 PM

Great spot La Peste. I just changed up some of the Min and Max # Players section and presto the pre-fetch started working. Additional HUD Filters is the cuplrit.

La Peste
03-28-2010, 07:39 PM
What did you set them to to get it working again?

ItsOnlyChips
03-28-2010, 07:50 PM
Great spot La Peste. I just changed up some of the Min and Max # Players section and presto the pre-fetch started working. Additional HUD Filters is the cuplrit.

Could u post a screenshot so I can make the same exact changes to see if it helps me.

ItsOnlyChips
03-31-2010, 02:13 AM
Any update?

schaffem111
04-01-2010, 02:42 PM
I just changed all my additional HUD filters to 2-10 players for every number of players and now prefetch works.

MilkMan
04-01-2010, 02:47 PM
Could u post a screenshot so I can make the same exact changes to see if it helps me.

hey chips, sorry i wasn't back to this thread earlier. yes i did exactly as above changed all players to 2-10 and it worked. i think specifically it is players 7, 8, 9 and 10 that were causing the problem.

ItsOnlyChips
04-01-2010, 03:59 PM
I just changed all my additional HUD filters to 2-10 players for every number of players and now prefetch works.

hey chips, sorry i wasn't back to this thread earlier. yes i did exactly as above changed all players to 2-10 and it worked. i think specifically it is players 7, 8, 9 and 10 that were causing the problem.

Thx schaffem & MilkMan, it works now. I had mine filtered for HU, 6max, and full ring.

reefaquarium
06-24-2010, 08:18 PM
I still can't get HEM to save observed hand histories!
HUD Options > Additional HUD Filters...
reads 2-10 for all numbers of tables.

What else can I check?

reefaquarium
06-24-2010, 08:48 PM
The only difference between my install and the on in the faq is...

I've installed HEM in H:\ rather than C:\

could this be screwing it up?

I've set the directories to point to H:\ rather than c:\

or is it hard coded to C:?

netsrak
06-25-2010, 05:33 AM
HM doesn't support saving of observed handhistories.
You need special tools for this depending on the site you are playing at.

malfaire
07-10-2010, 03:47 PM
I still can't get HEM to save observed hand histories!
HUD Options > Additional HUD Filters...
reads 2-10 for all numbers of tables.

What else can I check?

i'm having this exact same problem:

1. no hud for seat 3
2. villains are in my database
3. hud pops up for other seats, but with 0 hands, no data

all of my filters are at 2-10. i noticed that when i changed the first option to 2 - 2, i can occasionally get data for one person.

please help?

morny
07-10-2010, 04:03 PM
Is your problem that you cant get observed hands to import or that your hud wont show up on seat 3? What site is this for?

malfaire
07-10-2010, 04:50 PM
both. this is for FTP. stars works fine.

not sure if this is the issue (could be related, but not causal), but sometimes in the prefetch scrape, some of the huds reference a slightly incorrect name (not pulling up the wrong spots, but like the table is being read wrong).

netsrak
07-11-2010, 05:10 AM
The FTP prefetch uses the same screen scrape technique as the Rush Hud. This means it is not 100% reliable.

Please check the hints in the 1st post in this thread: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/releases/26165-rush-hud-fully-supported.html
and try the different screen scrape methods: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Sceenscrape Methods in Table Preferences (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/432/Sceenscrape+Methods+in+Table+Preferences)

jhonny
07-11-2010, 09:32 PM
I really tried to understand what is this thread all about. I looked for the definition of prefetch and read some posts but it didnt work at all.
Can anybody tell me what is this prefetch thing?

_Loki_
07-11-2010, 10:03 PM
The idea of prefetch is to be able to throw the HUD onto the table BEFORE you've sat at the table ideally

I use prefetch at PS & also PS colored notes
When I spot a likely table based on the colour of the notes in the PS lobby I open that table & see if the juicy players are sitting suitably compared to the open seat(s) - that's my analysis anyway :)
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Full Tilt & Poker Stars Prefetch Walkthrough (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/101/Full+Tilt+%26+Poker+Stars+Prefetch+Walkthrough+)

The prefetch feature isn't available outside PS & FTF as far as I know

jhonny
07-12-2010, 09:17 PM
ty very much