PDA

View Full Version : Help with error message

moldman
02-11-2010, 11:57 PM
So, everything was working fine last night, but tonight I'm having issues.

The specific error message shown below appears when I go to run a report. And I'm sure it's related, but the importer doesn't seem to be importing hands as it should. Then Table Manager launches, it always shows 0/9 players seated.

Suggestions on how to fix this? Help?!

netsrak
02-12-2010, 07:54 AM
This means that your database is corrupt.

You can try to fix it via pgadminIII->mainentance ->reindex

If that doesn't help you need to create a new database and reimport all your hands.

moldman
02-12-2010, 08:51 AM
Thanks. I'm trying to reindex now. I just had a problem with a corrupt database a few months ago. I wonder what I'm doing wrong that I seem to have this happen frequently. I vacuum/analyze and try to maintain it regularly.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

moldman
02-12-2010, 09:08 AM
After reindexing, I'm having an issue where it seems as though almost all of my hands were lost. I had about 800k hands in my database, but when I run a report for all hands, it is only retreiving about 600 or so from last night (which isn't even all my hands for last night).

The part I can't figure out though is that when I try to re-import some of my old hands, the importer just gives me a message saying they are duplicate hands. It makes me think they are somewhere in the database, but just not being accessed during the report.

Any ideas?

morny
02-12-2010, 12:16 PM
Yeah looks like the old database is corrupt beyond repair, can you create a new database FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Create / Delete Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/75/Create+%7B47%7D+Delete+Database) and reimport all your old hands from the archive or wherever you stored them