PDA

View Full Version : Holdem manager | prima - wrong rake calculate

arkitect8
02-11-2010, 05:36 PM
Hi GUYS,
For the last year i have played at Prima Skin Unibet, and every months from my last year the total rake generate each month was always wrong in 3-5% more then what the skin had paid me monhtly.
I have now started Prima Skin Ladbrokes this year and have received a letter like all Prima players, saying that they have changed the way to calculate rake.

the diferences are now much higher then last year. the diferences are now almost 20%, this is, holdem manager shows 1k rake and the skin is paying 800$.

i have send and email to the Holdem support and the answer to my questions were really funny.

I dont understand how a support can answer a user like that. i´m posting here there answer and would like to know if somebody has the same problem or if there is possible to solve it.

And poker tracker, does it have the same problems?

i start with their short answer to my problem, i have even asked Ladbrokes to explain me how do they calculate rake and have send it to Holdem manager support.

"""
I've forwarded your Rake concerns to management. If there is a problem we'll get it fixed.

GL,
-B

On 05-Feb-2010 04:17 arkitect wrote ---
Hy guys,
My names Alex, and I have a pro license of HM, that I have bought from you almost a year ago.
I have done all the actualizations and I m now thinking on buying the Omaha license too.
I´m a Prima player (Ladbrokes)and these last month I have experience a problem with HM calculating rake.
I had the same problem with Hm the last 3 months on Prima too, but when using Unibet skin, but then the differences weren´t so big.
The problem is:
And to give you a real example, is that last month, I have play a big number hands and the total rake of the month on HM was 3k.
I have a 20% deal on the skin, but in the begining of the month when I get the rake, they have paid me 540.00 euros like if it was 20% of 3000 euros.
At the beginning I tough there was a mistake, they they have made, and so I have send them an email questioning the valued I had make and the % they have paid me.
After awhile the answer me back saying that I had made not 3k as my HM appointed but instead 2628.03 euros, and with that same email they have send me the formula how do they calculate the rake when we are playing.
I will copy here the content of the email, hoping to get some feedback from you.

“Dear Mr Arkitect,
>
> Thank you for contacting Ladbrokes Poker.
>
> The total rake you have paid to Ladbrokes is €2617,23+€11,80 in MTT
> fees.
>
> The rake is paid out based on how much you have put into the pot so if
> you are SB, BB and 2 more players in a €60 pot you will all get 75 cent
> in rake each. If the pot gets to €40 and 2 players fold when the other 2
> bets, the player that folds get 50 cent each and the 2 players that is
> in the pot up to €60 gets €1 each as they have put more into the pot.
>
>
> If small and big blind folds and the pot gets to €60 between 2 other
> players in a 0,25/0,5 table small blind gets 0,0075 cent and big blind
> 0,015 cent and the other 2 players get €1,488 each.
>
> This means that players that put money into the pot gets the rake they
> have paid.
>
> If we can be of any further assistance, please contact us again and we
> will be more than happy to help you.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Andreas
> Nordic Poker Agent
> Ladbrokes Multi Player Poker “

So my question here is, why doesn´t HM calculate the rake the same way as Prima?
Is that so difficult to do it? If not, when will it be ready the update?
I have HM and I like it a lot, but when I have start talking with a close that uses Poker tracker 3, he told me I was not experience the same problem as i.
You should recognize that if HM cant fix this problem, I have no interest in continue using it, me and all the other Portuguese prima players and I can assure that they are really a lot, and we all have the same problem.

One more thing, if its possible to fix it, and until its done, can you at list tell me if there a % that which we should discount from the final accounts so that we are near the real value that we should received from the skin?

Thanks once again for your time,
Kind regards

Arkitect

"""

if anyone have some idea to solve this i would appreciate it...

take care guys...

morny
02-11-2010, 06:51 PM
That does sound like weight contributed rake which is what we use for Prima

Heres how we calculate weight contributed rake:
weighted divides the rake based on how much each person contributed towards the pot. So if player X put in 40% of the pot then he gets 40% of the rake

If you want to confirm thats how Prima do it and if they have a slightly different method let us know and well try and get it updated asap

other things to consider, you mention € but HM hasnt introduced multicurrency support, if you play a mixture of $,€ or £ then this could account for some of the difference.

Also you need to confirm if bonuses effect your rakeback, sometime if you get a bonus its deducted from the rake