PDA

View Full Version : How big is your DB? (Calculating typical Hands/GB)

ProsperousOne
02-11-2010, 09:29 AM
I'm

Assuming a typical configuraiton (I know.... loaded question), how many hands typically fit in 1 MB or 1GB of memory in a PostgreSQL data base?

If some one has a vacuumed and indexed db, with over 1,000,000 hands, how much Disk Space is your postgreSQL Data Taking Up?

Maybe several people can post so we can get a range?

TIA

P1

Patvs
02-11-2010, 12:58 PM
1 million hands = 10 GB is a general rule.

But if you purge/vacuum-analyse... also fullring hands are bigger than headsup/6max hands (also varies for each site) you should be able to get it down to 1 million hands = 5-7 GB.

iloveOOv
02-11-2010, 03:09 PM
So in general a 80GB SSD is enough for like 6-7 million and windows 7?

morny
02-11-2010, 06:09 PM
It would be enough, wouldn't give you a huge amount of space if you use a lot of videos/etc but certainly big enough to hold windows and the database as windows 7 needs 15gb of free space to install but afaik it just needs that total space during the install and a lot of that can be reclaimed once the installation is complete.

Niranjana
06-16-2010, 05:09 AM
10GB pro 1Mio. hands, thats interesting. I thought it's a bigger SSD than 64GB needed.

Would you suggest keeping 3-4 month old hh on the running database on the SSD and create a new database afterwards when the SSD is almost full to keep some older stats of one selfs?
So that you could work with the hh which are up to date and just keep the old ones for e.g. displaying graphs or getting the overall winrate(positiv thinking).
Or do you think the old hh could be unsefull in the daily analysis? 2 month old hh should be sufficent for the HUD.

netsrak
06-16-2010, 07:07 AM
My suggestion:
You have one database for your hands and for your mined hands.
After some month the mined hands for the villain stats loose their accuracy because players change their style -> delete (purge) old hands after x month, i suggest 2 month or even less. The stats will remain in the database but the hands are deleted. Your own hands should stay in the database.
In this way the database doesn't grow much after reaching its initial size.

In addition you should add a time filter for the hud stats in the additional Hud filters.

Niranjana
06-17-2010, 09:57 AM
Thx, is delete and purch the same here?
I I delete the hands, it shouldn't be nessesary to add a time filter for the hud stats, or should I?

morny
06-17-2010, 01:25 PM
Yes delete and purge mean the same thing. The hud doesnt recache currently so adding a time filter is advisable as it will still show stats in the hud after deleting them but it wont show the hands in the database