PDA

View Full Version : Copy alias?

gp18089
02-11-2010, 08:36 AM
I use HEM at two computers. I made an alias in the first computer and I want to copy this to the other computer. Is it possible?

Patvs
02-11-2010, 12:53 PM
Export ALIAS?
Hmmm.. If you backup/restore a database (in pgAdminIII) it will backup/restore the ALIAS settings.

But if you're not planning to import the entire database of PC#1 to PC#2, you'll just have to manually create a new alias on PC#2 and add all your heros.

El Helado
09-17-2011, 11:14 AM
Export ALIAS?
Hmmm.. If you backup/restore a database (in pgAdminIII) it will backup/restore the ALIAS settings.

But if you're not planning to import the entire database of PC#1 to PC#2, you'll just have to manually create a new alias on PC#2 and add all your heros.

Wouldnt it be a pretty easy fix to add a export alias-feature? I would also love this since I have like 50+ nicknames on different sites and have 4-5 computers that I use depending on whether or not I am travelling, playing at home etc etc. Also is kinda nice for us that format our computers once in awhile to keep it fresh and fast.

Sarek
09-17-2011, 03:39 PM
if you open in PGadmin database table "Aliases", you will see - there are not names, but IDs.
And to hold the same ID for same player in another database, you MUST import the same hands and in the same order.
Players are written in DB in order they appear in hands.
So this is practically impossible.