PDA

View Full Version : 4bet range

dvvv
02-10-2010, 06:30 PM
Hi!

Th definition here says: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Stat Definitions (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/95/Stat+Definitions#common)

Four Bet Range = Total PFR divided by Total 4bet %. The thing to keep in mind is that most 4bet situations will involve later positions and PFR and 4bet % will be higher from late position than the overall PFR and 4bet would be.

Let's calculate I have PFR = 10% each time I raise I get 3bet (so unlucky, that's just for example) and I 4bet 2 times out of 10, so 20%.

Four Bet Range = Total PFR divided by Total 4bet %.
Four Bet Range = 0.1/0.2 = 0.5% ? O_o

why to divide that? every 20% I 4bet, my 4bet range is 2%
0.1 * 0.2 = 0.02 = 2%

I think that there is mistake in the explanation of the calculation.

Patvs
02-10-2010, 09:02 PM
We have "Four Bet" and "Four Bet Range"

Your PFR is 10%. You 4bet 2%.
Since the 3bet and 4bet stat are in the 0-5% area, they become pretty useless... I mean... do you 4bet a player whose 3bet percentage is 6%, and not 4bet a player that 3bets only 2% of his hands?

The 2% and 6% aren't always very helpful. So "Four Bet Range" (four bet in relation to PFR) gives another dimension to the stats.

dvvv
02-11-2010, 01:17 AM
Hi, I understand that.

I am saying that in the description it should be
Four Bet Range = Total PFR multiplied by Total 4bet %.
instead of

Four Bet Range = Total PFR divided by Total 4bet %.

BR

morny
02-11-2010, 07:47 PM
Yeah your correct, thats a misprint, were doing an overhaul of the FAQs at the moment so well be refreshing that FAQ too and adding in some of the new stats and fixing any errors like you pointed out, thanks:)