PDA

View Full Version : Just activated Full Version... Help!

ParalyzingKings
02-10-2010, 06:20 PM
I have two questions.. One I've seen asked here before, with no real answer or explanation. So I will start there.

After registering HEM for full version I had to put in name and serial, then activate online, which I did, but am asked to re-do this online registration every time HEM is re-started. I saw a post saying to delete a file, one to not delete it and make it hidden.. etc. I would like a reason and solution for this problem if at all possible. 13 of 15 days left. So, I hope to find some insight in that window. I'm running window 7 64-bit with admin privileges for everything the way it should be.

Second, I want to have all my hands auto-imported into HEM, which I have set up and works amazingly. But, I also want to be able to access these hands for review in SNGwiz without having to export my whole database. Is there a place where processed HHs are moved or a way to create one. I would like to have access to each tournament for review without having to load a full database export file into SNGwiz.

Enlighten me.
Love your product and thank you for your help in advance.

morny
02-10-2010, 09:04 PM
I have two questions.. One I've seen asked here before, with no real answer or explanation. So I will start there.

After registering HEM for full version I had to put in name and serial, then activate online, which I did, but am asked to re-do this online registration every time HEM is re-started. I saw a post saying to delete a file, one to not delete it and make it hidden.. etc. I would like a reason and solution for this problem if at all possible. 13 of 15 days left. So, I hope to find some insight in that window. I'm running window 7 64-bit with admin privileges for everything the way it should be.

Many things can cause it, its unusual but it can be anything from firewalls to proxy servers to corrupt license files, to fix this issue you can try the following

Enable the options to see Hidden Files and System Protected Files: How to see hidden files in Windows (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial62.html)

1. Delete C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\holdemmanager.exe.ldat (Program Files (x86) if you have the 64bit version)

2. Delete C:\ProgramData\XHEO INC\SharedLicenses\HoldemManager.lic (XP Users can find the file at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\AppData\XHEO INC\SharedLicenses\HoldemManager.lic)

3. Update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

If you can't find those files, DO NOT delete any other files with similar names.

Please send your Reg.log from the C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Logs folder to support@holdemmanager.net if you continue to have problems

Also another option

The licensing system uses the Proxy settings of your Internet explorer. So your Internet explorer must work and be capable of connecting to the Internet.

Open your Internet Explorer and go to Tools / Internet Options / Connections and click on "LAN-Settings" at the bottom.
Uncheck every box in the small new menu and click ok.
Try to register HM again.

Finally other things that cause these issues are firewalls blocking the connection so check out this FAQ FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Software Security Problems (Firewall) (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/339/Software+Security+Problems+(Firewall))

Second, I want to have all my hands auto-imported into HEM, which I have set up and works amazingly. But, I also want to be able to access these hands for review in SNGwiz without having to export my whole database. Is there a place where processed HHs are moved or a way to create one. I would like to have access to each tournament for review without having to load a full database export file into SNGwiz.

Enlighten me.
Love your product and thank you for your help in advance

The files will be moved to C:/HMarchive and grouped by Year, Month and Day into folders, that can cause a problem if your reviewing hands if you happen to be playing around midnight, half the tourney could be in todays folder and the other half in yesterdays so if you dont want HM to group the hands by day/month etc and just have them all in one folder then go to Options > Misc Options > [ ] untick group archive by day and month

ParalyzingKings
02-11-2010, 07:35 PM
Thank you much for your reply!

Amazingly, today as I started HEM I was not required to re-activate. Third days a charm, maybe.

Also, The C:/HMarchive is exactly what I was looking for.

One question though, If I change the date in Misc. options menu, set day starts at, to a time when I know I won't be playing. Say 8AM. Would that have any impact on what day the archive files are saved as? I play almost every night at midnight, so that's kind of a big hiccup for me.

Thank you again!

morny
02-11-2010, 07:44 PM
The archives will be created based on the HH times which are the actual time of the server your playing poker on, the day starts at option only effects how you view things in holdem manager but it actually leaves the hh timestamp untouched

ParalyzingKings
02-11-2010, 11:16 PM
I thought that might be the case.

Thank you for all your help tho.

Makes the program so much more valuable when all your question are answered so quickly.