PDA

View Full Version : installation issue

cairpre
02-10-2010, 03:31 PM
Hi,

I just installed and am trying out Hold'em Manager. I notice a small issue with the install script. The script would not complete because it could complete the install because it found the postgres port being used. It did not install postgres. But the reason for that was that postgres was already installed and running on my system. In fact it was a newer version than the one bundled with hold'em manager. This is obviously not going to be a very common problem. But you might want to throw a few lines of code in to look for an available postgres server to connect to before attempting to install the version packaged with hold'em manager. Or if Hold'em manager must use the version of postgres that comes with Hold'em manager, you can modify the script to use a different port number so that no conflicts will occur. Either way it should be an easy issue to resolve. My fix was to uninstall the version of postgres that I had running. But some people may not be able to do that. Thank you

fozzy71
02-10-2010, 06:40 PM
Yes, we are working on improving the PostgreSQL detection with our combo installer. Hopefully the next version will do a better job. The current combo installer solved a lot of problems for us, but it created a couple new ones that we need to resolve in the next installer version.