PDA

View Full Version : DB restore didn't work

ThePokerHH.com
02-10-2010, 01:57 PM
Greetings dear support

I have database issues for quite some time now.

I have had a fair database with ~45k known players.
I had a concern that the DB might get curropted thus I've made a backup.

After restoring the DB using PGadmin I went to check if all the stats has been successfully restore, however unfortunately they didnt.

Thanks in advance

morny
02-10-2010, 03:17 PM
Did you follow the instructions in this FAQ FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Backup & Restore Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/72/Backup+%26+Restore+Database)

If so maybe repeat the process and try once more. Did you backup and restore the database because your having issues with it or another reason, why i ask is if there were issues previous to this then backup and restore may not be the best option, its a bit like taking the engine out a car because your having problems with it and putting it into a shiny new car frame, it might look nice and new but the problem with the engine is still going to be there.

So id recommend creating a new database FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Create / Delete Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/75/Create+%7B47%7D+Delete+Database) and either export the hands from the old database or import the original files from your archive folder, this is the equivilant or putting in a brand new engine into the new frame and should work much better although its a slower process than the backup and restore

ThePokerHH.com
02-10-2010, 04:59 PM
Did you follow the instructions in this FAQ
Yes

If so maybe repeat the process and try once more.
Did it as well.

Did you backup and restore the database because your having issues with it or another reason
HM fails to import hands at a certian point (aka curropted DB) after importing a lot of hands.

If you're interested in knowing the problem with the curropted DB there it is, as I've seen quite a lot of post regarding this matter:
I created a new database today and imported some hands. After a period of time I stopped and backed it up. After backp has completed I've continuede to import hands, it all went well, until I started to import from "HM archive" folder.

I've been creating and importing hands several times in the past month, and now I realize that the problem starts only when importing hands form HM archive.

My first prioriy though is to get the DB up and running using the restore mode, which I have already made twice today.

Thanks and regards,

fozzy71
02-10-2010, 06:10 PM
Greetings dear support

I have database issues for quite some time now.

I have had a fair database with ~45k known players.
I had a concern that the DB might get curropted thus I've made a backup.

Backing up a corrupt DB doesn't do you any good. You have made an archive of an unusable database. You need to start a new DB or reinstall postgresql completely, using the latest version.

After restoring the DB using PGadmin I went to check if all the stats has been successfully restore, however unfortunately they didnt.

Thanks in advance

Restoring a .backup file of a perfectly fine DB is not 100% failproof. If your DB was corrupted when you made the .backup it is of no use to you. Delete it and import your original hands to a new DB

HM fails to import hands at a certian point (aka curropted DB) after importing a lot of hands.

How many is 'alot'? Are you importing datamined/purchased hands? Are you using Import From Folder or Auto Import when importing these hands?

If you're interested in knowing the problem with the curropted DB there it is, as I've seen quite a lot of post regarding this matter:
I created a new database today and imported some hands. After a period of time I stopped and backed it up. After backp has completed I've continuede to import hands, it all went well, until I started to import from "HM archive" folder.

I've been creating and importing hands several times in the past month, and now I realize that the problem starts only when importing hands form HM archive.

Where is your \HMArchive located on the PC? Please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files(x86)\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config.

- If your extensions are off you'll just see a file called holdemmanager.
- To attach it to a thread in the forums, look below the post reply button when you start a new thread and you'll see a manage attachments button.
- Click this and attach the file.

My first prioriy though is to get the DB up and running using the restore mode, which I have already made twice today.

Create a new DB and start fresh. If you have been having problems when using a UTF database, try making your new DB an ASCII database.

ThePokerHH.com
02-10-2010, 06:28 PM
Backing up a corrupt DB doesn't do you any good. You have made an archive of an unusable database. You need to start a new DB or reinstall postgresql completely, using the latest version.

You assume that I have backed up a curropted DB - that is incorrect. I also

Restoring a .backup file of a perfectly fine DB is not 100% failproof. If your DB was corrupted when you made the .backup it is of no use to you. Delete it and import your original hands to a new DB

The DB was working fine when I made the backup. I have imported on a newly created DB the original hands, then performed a backup.

[QUOTE]How many is 'alot'? Are you importing datamined/purchased hands? Are you using Import From Folder or Auto Import when importing these hands?/QUOTE]
A lot menns 99% of the hands. Importing mining and played hands together. Using import from folder.

morny
02-10-2010, 09:14 PM
If you want to zip up the hands and put them on somewhere like yousendit.com and email me the link to support@holdemmanager.net and a link to this file and ill try and import them to rule out if its something on your PC or something with the hands, once we know that information we can take it from there.