PDA

View Full Version : Scaling Fonts - EH?!?!?

smf
07-17-2008, 09:40 AM
Hi,

I might be a bit dumb, but I can't really wrap my head around how the scaling fonts feature in the HUD works. I've fooled around a bit with it, but it keeps surprising me here and there in how it reacts.

I guess my question is, what is the starting point for the scaling?

A table size at the time the scaling checkmark is set? Or does it go from a defined size like 640x480 and whenever it gets bigger / smaller it changes the size accordingly?

Also, whats the relation between increase/decrease in table size vs the increase/decrease in font size?

I'm trying to remake my HUD layouts using the scaling, but before I start investing a lot of time into placing everything and choosing a font size, I'd like to understand how it works so I don't have to remake everything because it wont work in certain situations.

Thx in advance!

smf
07-17-2008, 01:55 PM
bump

Mike chops
07-17-2008, 02:05 PM
The font size is scaled proportionately to the table width. I believe 800 pixels might be 1:1 so you get exactly the font size you selected. It actually works pretty well so you proably won't waste a lot of time laying something out... well you might but I doubt the font scaling will be the problem.:o

smf
07-18-2008, 11:13 AM
Thank you for your reply, I found that making the table the max size allowed and then setting up the panels worked like a charm. The layout is perfect for all sizes then using the scale fonts feature.

Edit: You were right, it didn't take me very long :)