PDA

View Full Version : Best Hud Stats to Use

Delliks
02-10-2010, 06:13 AM
Hey all,

Just wondered what do you think are the most useful stats to use on your HUD.

Obviously VIP and PFR along with the number hands played are very usefull, straight off the bat you can tell if a player is tight, loose, aggressive, passive etc.

Other than these what would you say are the top 5 most useful stats?

Patvs
02-10-2010, 09:32 PM
It all depends on... if you play:
-CASH, SNG, MTT
-headsup, 6max, fullring
-extremely tight-agressive (tight-passive) vs loose-agressive (maniac "any two cards" style)
-single table, multitable, mass-multitable
-shortstack, normal stacked, DEEP stacked
-fixed limit, pot limit, no limit
-CAP, RUSH, KNOCKOUT
-What is a preflop or postflop situation you dislike... or what do you HATE that OFTEN happens: for example annoying opponents that always checkraise you.. or when you cbet... annoying opponents that always float against you when they're in position or they raise you. What's your top 2 of these difficult situations.

etc. etc.

I'll tell you what the top 5 most useful stats are... if you can answer the questions above what you really need the HUD for.

kyhn58
02-17-2010, 06:20 AM
-CASH, SNG, MTT
-headsup, 6max, fullring
-extremely tight-agressive (tight-passive) vs loose-agressive (maniac "any two cards" style)
-CAP, RUSH, KNOCKOUT
-What is a preflop or postflop situation you dislike... or what do you HATE that OFTEN happens: for example annoying opponents that always checkraise you.. or when you cbet... annoying opponents that always float against you when they're in position or they raise you. What's your top 2 of these difficult situations.

etc. etc.

I'll tell you what the top 5 most useful stats are... if you can answer the questions above what you really need the HUD for.

MTT
loose aggresive style
normal stacked
no limit holdem
annoying situations: someone keep calling my bets, re-raise me often

Could you help me? :D

Patvs
02-17-2010, 12:53 PM
MTT
loose aggresive style
normal stacked
no limit holdem
annoying situations: someone keep calling my bets, re-raise me often

Line 1: VPIP / PFR / AGG / #Hands
(especially AGG: Aggression factor is important for you, since you will conclude if a player is valuebetting / semi-bluffing / bluffing based on that)

Line 2:
-Fold BB to Steal (or Fold to Steal) you have to steal blinds in a MTT
-Fold to resteal (or fold to 3bet) you have to know who's weak and will fold to a resteal/3bet.
-Fold to Flop Cbet (or Fold to Donkbet, so you can donkbet every hand out of position)
Since you're loose-aggressive you'll mostly use these stats.. to see who WON'T FOLD.

annoying situations: someone keep calling my bets, re-raise me often-
-Raise Flop CB (ip)

kyhn58
02-17-2010, 01:06 PM
Thank you very much

ericlflau
02-23-2010, 08:44 PM
Cash game (Rush poker or normal) - ring game
tight aggressive
normal stacked
no limit holdem

annoying situations:
* When I CBet and person calls, what do they have?
* Person keeps raising post flop - value bet, draw, or bluff?
* Opponent check raise me

Thanks.

Patvs
02-23-2010, 09:02 PM
(again... rely on the AGG stat if an opponent is valuebetting or betting a draw/bluffing postflop)

Line 2:
-Fold BB to Steal (or Fold to Steal)
-Flop Cbet
-Call Flop Cbet / Fold to Turn Cbet (important to see if the player that calls ANY Cbet on the flop, will fold to a double barrel)
-Flop Check raise as PFR

Also pre-select tables with as few shortstacks as possible. (for example by using a NO shortstacks filters in the TableScanner)

Delliks
02-24-2010, 08:59 AM
-CASH, SNG, MTT
-headsup, 6max, fullring
-CAP, RUSH, KNOCKOUT

etc. etc.

Thank you for your help.

Id like to set up for:
MTT $11 45 man NL SNGS with 1500 chips Full Ring
my stats are 18%VPIP 11%PFR agg 1.8 and 3bet 4%

Spots I get stuck in:
When I 3xBB miss FLP cont bet and they FLT call, what should I do on turn?
(is this floating?)

I also hate the people who limp in early with weak hands, small pairs, Ax, KJo etc, with their 40% VPIP then I decide to make a decent raise PF 5/6xBB and they flat call. Wish their was a stat to read their thought process lol

40% VPIP UTG looks down sees K9o
UTG: hey this is a good hand I'm gonna limp see if I can see a cheap flop
TAG: raises in MP 5xBB
UTG: See's that this raise is only 45% of his stack and flat calls OOP.

FLOP: 73K rainbow

UTG: Not seen him play many hands, he may have a king with a better kicker or AA, I'll see what he does.. checks.

TAG: I've got QQ, he's shown weakness 3 times, Prefop, Flat Calls PF raise and checks FLP, a cont bet will leave him commited, I'm not sure if there is any of his range he's going to fold here... he'd easy call with A7, A3, 56, Kx any pair and probably any two pictures.

TAG: Ships it in
UTG: insta calls

TAG: why poker gods why!!

Patvs
02-24-2010, 07:28 PM
-Also if you play a normal payout structure vs some sort of satellite or WINNER TAKES ALL structure, or DOUBLE OR NOTHING should influence your HUD.

Basic HUD for you:

-You only 3bet premium hands, so "fold to 3bet" is not that usefull.
-45man SNG you'll often play shorthanded in important (bubble) situations, so it's key you setup a proper FILTER for #players (HUD OPTIONS--> Additional HUD filters)
-Your AGG is low, so you'll benefit knowing against which player you can semi bluff.
-The Axs in EP players that will limp-call ANY bet and will commit on a Axx flop.. (or the K9o player... on the Kxx flop.. that will also commit on a 279 board) If you always play overpairs/better kickers it should be easy to win chips of them.

You used the K9o on a Kxx flop example and you have QQ.
The problem is, if you Cbet postflop, the other player (who made a horrible preflop play) often has a very easy decision postflop: either he check-folds, or he check-calls (comitting himself).
A similar situation: UTG player minraises (with ??), you 3Bet QQ from the SB. The UTG player calls (with ??). Flop comes Kxx. Pot is 2000 (you've committed 1000 chips... 1/4 of your stack) You and opponent each have 3000 chips left. So you're screwed. It's an easy decision for him. Either he has a K or he doesn't.

To avoid such situations, use the --->

Line 2:
-Fold BB to Steal / Steal
-Fold to Flop Cbet / Flop Cbet
-Fold to Turn Cbet (important to see if the player that calls ANY Cbet on the flop, will fold to a double barrel)
--->Limp call / Limp fold (interesting for you to KNOW, if the 40 VPIP limpers will fold if you raise 5xBB with QQ, or will always call)

Now that you know if they'll probably fold or call, think one step ahead, how a Cbet will NOT commit you. Based on stacksizes, instead of your default raise to 5x BB, you now have the option to:
-ALSO limp, hoping one of the players behind you will raise
-just move ALLIN
-minraise (or 3x BB raise), so a postflop Cbet won't auto-commit you.

denes_dias
02-27-2010, 04:30 AM
-CASH FIXED LIMIT 1/2
-fullring
-50K HANDS 18/12/2
-multitable 6-10
-POKERSTARS
-What is a preflop or postflop situation you dislike: = play oop

Patvs
02-27-2010, 05:06 AM
Sorry but I have no clue about Fixed Limit (and any Omaha for that matter) stats. Maybe another FL player can share his HUD?

suprise
03-01-2010, 02:48 PM
I have question for micro limit SNG (most 27 and sometimes 180)

full tilt poker
tight agressive

whats stats should I really paying attention too? I mean I dont really see which one are most important.

It changes a lot during to play and level of game:) any suggestions?

Patvs
03-01-2010, 08:12 PM
The most important thing is you change the HUD OPTIONS--> Additional HUD Filters--> #players filters.

Instead of to
2/10
2/10
2/10

Set it to

2/2
---
3/6
4/6 (note if you're playing 9-man STT, it can be usefull to change this to 4/4 so you know exactly how they play in the BUBBLE)
5/6
6/6
---
7/9
8/9
9/9

This way... when you're playing 9-handed, it won't use hands you played 2-6 handed against your opponents in their stats.

Line 2:
-Fold BB to Steal (or Fold to Steal) you have to steal blinds in a MTT
-Fold to resteal (or fold to 3bet) you have to know who's weak and will fold to a resteal/3bet.
-Fold to Flop Cbet (or Fold to Donkbet, so you can donkbet every hand out of position)

~Red0nkulous
03-03-2010, 03:02 PM
Can you elaborate on what you are looking for in AGG?

Patvs
03-03-2010, 03:53 PM
High aggression factor 3+ means the player, of course valuebets, but also:
cbets when he missed the flop, semi-bluffs, or will raise with a draw, donkbets, make probe bets, bluffs, etc.

Low aggression factor <1.5 means he rarely does that and mostly only valuebets.

~Red0nkulous
03-03-2010, 04:14 PM
High aggression factor 3+ means the player, of course valuebets, but also:
cbets when he missed the flop, semi-bluffs, or will raise with a draw, donkbets, make probe bets, bluffs, etc.

Low aggression factor <1.5 means he rarely does that and mostly only valuebets.

How high does the agg # go to?

Patvs
03-03-2010, 05:46 PM
Agg goes from 0 to infinite.
But it's nearly impossible for it to have that value after 20+ hands.

Usually 0.5 is the lowest over 500+ hands you'll see.. and 5 the highest.

m4rk69
03-11-2010, 10:01 AM
I play:
SNG
fullring
-extremely tight-agressive (tight-passive) + ICM
-i play 12x stacked sng 9max
normal stacked
no limit
-Best problems: postflop after one or more call on my raise, re-steal made by me

m4rk69
03-12-2010, 04:31 AM
You could go to the Hud Catalog and pick the one that you like the most.

Some huds are actually packages of multiple huds and a different menu screen. Very useful and recommended.
These huds are:
-AdjustableHud by Mox
-oticz HUD by K-Otic
-Volt Hud by Volt

A hud I personally use is Warrior's Hud.

thanks for the replay

Where can I find this catalog?

I'd like also if someone who has the same main game could suggest me one.

docbom
03-13-2010, 01:24 PM
Any suggestions to my current HUD setup? I 24 table 25NL on Stars and would love some input:

VPIP/PFR/AGG/3bet/Fold to 3bet
Fold to flop CB/# of hands/Flop CB/Turn CB
Steal/Fold vs Steal/Went to Showdown/Win at showdown

an0nym0u5
03-14-2010, 03:03 AM
-CASH
-6max
-loose-agressive
-mass-multitable
-shortstack
-no limit

Pretty much interested in best stats vs a good shortstacker who has high steal from BTN/CO, high 3bet from SB/BB and high cbet %. Too vague?

Ajax
03-14-2010, 05:59 AM
You could go to the Hud Catalog and pick the one that you like the most.

Where can I find this catalog?

I would like to see the catalog too. The HUD Catalog Spring Edition should be out around now right?

_Loki_
03-14-2010, 09:44 AM
:)

-CASH
-6max
-loose-agressive
-mass-multitable
-shortstack
-no limit

Pretty much interested in best stats vs a good shortstacker who has high steal from BTN/CO, high 3bet from SB/BB and high cbet %. Too vague?

hi an0n - maxcreigs seems to be a spammer, he strongly recommends the one on page 24 opposite the beach shorts ad

fozzy71
03-14-2010, 09:47 PM
I nuked his account. I meant to do it the other day but got distracted apparently.

The Minder
03-14-2010, 11:00 PM
Moral of the story... don't piss off Fozzy.

eLx
03-20-2010, 04:37 PM
Hi,

- Sng DON's
- 6max
- TAG
- Network: ENT
- Problems: steal attempts

1wooley1
03-20-2010, 05:40 PM
hi, u no u can adjust showin stats for how many players there is at the table, can u do this for bigger mtt sngs, like when theres 15 left ect? or 10 players left?

fozzy71
03-20-2010, 07:29 PM
No, that is not possible.

nick2203
03-24-2010, 08:48 AM
Hi. I really would appreciate if you coult give me an advice which stats i should/could use:

i play at bwin (ongame),

nl100
23 /12 /1.85 (AGG)
i play 6 tables at the same time

i have big problems with 3bets, play oop and when my cbet is called.

thanks

AlexJ
03-26-2010, 04:32 AM
Greetings,

im looking for a HUD layout for

FullRing microlimits Hold'm
currently playing 8 tables but i would like to increase that..
on Showdown winnings im average but im a big winner on the non-showdown.
looking for stats wich improve my showdownwinnings BUT doesnt kill my non-showdownwinnings

tnx in advance

GunshotTwos
03-30-2010, 05:08 AM
This thread has been really helpful so far, could someone suggest a HUD for:

-S&G STT
-Full ring & 6 max
-Normal stacks
-Normal speed
-NL
-Tight AGG Style
-Problems: being check raised, getting good reads on players with less than 50 hands played!

Thanks!