PDA

View Full Version : HEM 1.10.02 Upgrade and Rush

Ajax
02-10-2010, 03:31 AM
I have played Rush poker. I am still using HEM 1.10.01. I understand that when I upgrade to 1.10.02, I will need to either:
- create a new database and import all of my hands, or
- keep the same database, delete the recent hands, and reimport them

I think I would like to use the second method (delete and reimport).

However, about a month ago I tried deleting a hand from the database and re-importing it. I deleted the record, but the hand was not completely gone and something still remained in the database. I noticed that after I deleted the hand, the database HUD stats did not reset to zero.

When we delete the Rush hands, if the stats do not reset to their old values, then that would be a problem, right?

When I tried to re-import the hand, I GOT AN ERROR MESSAGE. To keep from getting the error message, I had to change an ID number in the hand history each time I re-imported the same hand. It is the first line in the hand history, "Full Tilt Poker Game #00000000001", "Full Tilt Poker Game #00000000002", etc. That might have something to do with it.

I then reimported the hand, and the stats went up a second time. I deleted and reimported the same hand again (with a new game#), and the stats went up a third time. I deleted and reimported the same hand again (with a new game#), and the stats went up a fourth time.

When we re-import the Rush hands, will all of the stats be changed twice?

netsrak
02-10-2010, 05:15 AM
The game number is a unique number identifying each hand. If you change this number the hand will count as a new hand with new stats.

The best is to create a new database for Rush and import the hands into this database.

Ajax
02-10-2010, 08:16 AM
I figured that was the case about the unique number. I just did not understand why I had to change the number in order to get the same hand to re-import, and so I did not know if I would have the same problem again.

The best is to create a new database for Rush and import the hands into this database.

When I create a new database for Rush, should I then import all of my hands, or just the Rush hands and then keep two separate databases? I would prefer to have all of it in the new database, but I might keep them separate if there is an advantage.

netsrak
02-10-2010, 09:43 AM
If you want to have all hands in one database you should use our latest Rush release (you know the thread) 1.10.02 Beta 2. Because in this version Rush hands have a separate limit to filter.

If you want to reimport hands you need to rename the file or copy it to a different folder and import via import file or import from folder.
HM remembers which filenames are already imported.

Ajax
02-10-2010, 10:55 AM
I am re-importing all the hands (Rush and old ones too) into the database right now, HEM 1.10.02 beta 2. I started doing it before I read what you wrote above.

I am importing the hands directly from the archive folder area. I did not make any copy of the files first, and it seems to be working fine. If I do not first make a copy like you said, will it cause some type of problem?

Ajax
02-10-2010, 11:15 AM
I think you mean the files that are still in the import folder and have not yet been archived. I need to move and rename those files only, and then re-import them. And the other files I can get directly from the archive area.

Is that correct?

morny
02-10-2010, 11:32 AM
I am re-importing all the hands (Rush and old ones too) into the database right now, HEM 1.10.02 beta 2. I started doing it before I read what you wrote above.

I am importing the hands directly from the archive folder area. I did not make any copy of the files first, and it seems to be working fine. If I do not first make a copy like you said, will it cause some type of problem?

No need to make a copy if you have the original files in HMarchive, obviously dont delete your old database until your sure all the hands are imported into the new database in case all the hands are not in the archive folder but they should be.

I think you mean the files that are still in the import folder and have not yet been archived. I need to move and rename those files only, and then re-import them. And the other files I can get directly from the archive area.

Is that correct?

This only applies if you deleted the old rush hands and reimported into the old database, what happens is HM recognised ive already imported game no 000000001 from this folder and ignores it so you'd need to move it to a new folder and the reimport it but this isnt applicable when your importing to a new database so your doing everything correct.