PDA

View Full Version : invalid page header error when rebuilding indexes

bcingyou
02-10-2010, 02:32 AM
I had a mega computer crash and when I turned back on I discovered that the reports no longer worked, all I got was "index contains unexpected zero page." From reading these forums I discovered that I need to fix my indexes in database management.

No go.

When I try to rebuild I get an "invalid page header" error which a few minutes of searching tells me is quite bad, possibly fatal for my DB.

Now I've been foolish and not backed up (this runs on a virtual machine). Can you explain what I need to do to start over? You have explained this before but all the links in past threads just take me to a general FAQ page. What exactly do I need to do to create a new DB?

Thanks.

netsrak
02-10-2010, 05:28 AM
Create a new database: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Create / Delete Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/75/Create+%7B47%7D+Delete+Database)

Import your hands from your archive (default is c:\hmarchive)

Karsten4130
02-11-2010, 06:01 AM
Similar problem here. Database is working atm but i get an error when i try to update it for new features and reindexing fails.
So what can i export to lose no info if i make a new database?

1.Hands
2.Notes

What about Rakeback/Bonus info? Is that stored in the database or in a HEM file?

Patvs
02-11-2010, 01:29 PM
Hands/Notes
Rakeback/Bonus info/alias info is all stored in the database.

You can also export/import your rakeback/bonus info.

fozzy71
02-11-2010, 02:31 PM
You can/should also export your tournament summaries and results from the Dataview tab.