PDA

View Full Version : Connection To PostgreSQL failing

phaze3131
02-09-2010, 11:44 PM
Ok so this just started happening and I have no idea why.

"a connection to postgresql could not be made. would you like to have holdem manager attempt to start the service?"

I click yes and it says it could not start the service so i click ok then a window comes up saying holdem manager started the service so i click ok and try to connect again and it fails again.

The service postgresql is set to automatic on bootup but it says "stopped" and i click start and it goes throgh trying to start it and then I get this message:
"windows could not start postgresql 8.3 service on local computer error 1053: the service did not respond to the start contorl request in a timely fashion"

So I havent changed anything and really confused what the deal is. I am on windows 7 premium with no firewall activated.

GrandChamp21
02-09-2010, 11:47 PM
I cannot connect to the server either today, I thought it may be because I cleaned a lot of junk files on my computer last night.

netsrak
02-10-2010, 04:56 AM
Reboot your computer as first try.

Look for the hidden file postmaster.pid in the postgresql data folder, delete it and restart your computer again.

Please check this: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Can't Connect / Failed to Start PostgreSQL (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/91/Can%27t+Connect+%7B47%7D+Failed+to+Start+PostgreSQ L+)

If you deleted the wrong files it may be necessary to reinstall postgresql.