PDA

View Full Version : .7053 Stops archiving hands and tourney summaries.

xbytewalker
07-03-2012, 12:14 PM
Browsing the HM2Archive folder trying to find some hands to send you for a different issue, I have noticed that there wasn't a folder for the last ones I played (a few between 0:30 AM- 2:00 AM and the last ones at 17:00).
Reimporting from archive reported all hands duplicated.
I have finally restarted HM2 to get them archived.

Patvs
07-03-2012, 07:36 PM
So the hands were still in your auto import folder, and they weren't moved to the archive folder?
Though when you restarted HM2, at some point they were moved to the archive folder?

hand importing---> auto import folders--> how many minutes have you setup for the 'archive hand history files older than'?

xbytewalker
07-03-2012, 09:58 PM
Exacty Pat, but I made a mistake on my first post. I reimported the hands directly from the /pokerstars/... directory (all hands reported as duplicates)

I have just 5 minutes as a setting. I didn't switch off the computer so that's the reason because I had that 'old' hands still in the pokerstars directory.
As soon as I closed and restarted HM2 the hands went to the archive as usual.

xbytewalker
07-04-2012, 09:22 PM
Hi Pat, on the same folder I found a splitted HH. It is normal to have a '_1..txt' extension??

DogNamedBluff
07-05-2012, 02:30 PM
It is normal to have a '_1..txt' extension??
Yes, that is normal because the hh file name is identical so we append it with _1 so it will not over-write. I suggest moving the minutes back up to 15+ minutes to help avoid this.

xbytewalker
07-07-2012, 05:11 AM
Hi Dog, I set up to 15 min, again. Same result, I have 3 cash table histories (from 2 days ago ) and 1 tourney (from early this morning) not archived. As soon as I restart moves them to the archive.

DogNamedBluff
07-07-2012, 10:49 AM
Please try resetting the HoldemManager.config files to resolve this issue.

Close HM2

Please move the HoldemManager.config and HoldemManager.config.bak files to your desktop from:

7: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\
You must show both hidden files and check unhide system files. See this: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...torial151.html

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\User_name\Application Data\HoldemManager
For showing hidden files and unhide system files, see this: http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d....mspx?mfr=true

Restart HM2.

If that does not help, please reproduce the issue and send your log.txt file to hm2support@holdemmanager.com with a link to this thread. -

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1921/How+Do+I+Send+a+Log+File+to+Holdem+Manager+Support %3F

Thank you,
DNB

xbytewalker
07-08-2012, 08:39 PM
No change at all.

Patvs
07-09-2012, 12:36 AM
Hi Dog, I set up to 15 min, again. Same result, I have 3 cash table histories (from 2 days ago ) and 1 tourney (from early this morning) not archived. As soon as I restart moves them to the archive.

How (why) exactly is this an annoyance for you?
Just restart HM2... or realize some leftover handhistory files may still be in your PokerStars auto import folder.

xbytewalker
07-09-2012, 12:59 PM
I keep my PC running 24/7, and my settings in Pokerstars are 'hand history deletion' = 2 days.
If HM2 is not archiving the files as it claims it does, I will better write a stupid .bat file to archive my sessions.
I'm not sure if I have already lost some HH, and I'm really wondering why I migrated from HM1 to HM2.
You called it annoyance, I call this a bug (and any other computer science engineer like me will call it this way).

Patvs
07-09-2012, 09:08 PM
Change your handhistory deletion in PokerStars to 30 days.

Also email PokerStars, request the handhistories + results for every hand/game you've ever played.

xbytewalker
07-10-2012, 07:14 PM
This is not a solution.

Patvs
07-10-2012, 07:26 PM
Change your handhistory deletion in PokerStars to 999 days.
There's no point in setting it to 2 days, risking losing handhistory files.

But even if you do, you can always email PokerStars and request your handhistories.

xbytewalker
07-10-2012, 07:45 PM
Never mind Pat, I thought I could rely in your archiving system and your answer is no.
I will do less mouse clicks using a .bat file to backup the hands, than restarting your software.
Close the thread.