PDA

View Full Version : I cant open HM

rafull85
09-27-2008, 11:30 AM
Hello, first of all sorry for my english. I have HM for a couple of months and it has worked ok until yesterday, now i dont know what happen but i cant open it.

When i try to open it i get a message "The following error occurred when trying to open the database:Failed to establish a connection to 127.0.0.1"

After that i get other message of DB control panel which says that you have to disabled user acces control for Vista users,etc, steps that i have done yet.

When i accept this message i get de database control panel, with my postgres database and its password port number,etc. If i click on "connect" another message appears " A connection to Postgresql could not be made. Would you like to have Holdem Manager attempt to start the service?" If i click yes i get "Holdem Manager has started the service.Please try again."

And on this point i dont know what i have to do. I have had more times this problem but when i clicked on connect in the database control panel it worked ok, but not this time.

What can i do?

Thanks so much.

fabio
09-27-2008, 12:44 PM
http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=34

rafull85
09-28-2008, 11:08 AM
Hello again, i havent solve the problem yet. I have done all the steps that appears in that FAQ, but i get a problem when i click on "start" postgres in services of administrative tools in my Control panel.

I get this message:" The PostgreSQL database server 8.2 in Local computer was started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not used for any service or program."

Sorry for my english. I hope answers. Thanks so much.

morny
09-28-2008, 11:12 AM
http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=153 Try that

And if its still giving problems then its either your antivirus/firewall/defender etc so you could try disabling/closing and adding all the HM .exe's to their exceptions list but from experience its usually much quicker to completely uninstall the antivirsues/firewalls etc then run HM and then install them again once its up an running. Id also install them 1 at a time and run HM to see if you get the problem again so if they do give a problem youll have it narrowed down which one caused it

fabio
09-28-2008, 11:15 AM
Which Antivirus and/or Firewall are you using?

rafull85
09-28-2008, 12:12 PM
Antivirus AVG and Firewall of Windows. I use Vista. But i dont understand why i have worked with HM several weeks perfectly and now i am having these problems....

I have put HM on allowed processes of the firewall.

morny
09-29-2008, 11:24 AM
Also put HM in the exceptions list in windows defender if your using that and also the port 5432. Sometimes updates etc can spark this problem but like i originally said the quickest way around it is to uninstall firewall/antivirus, then uninstall PostgreSQL after backing up your database and reinstall it and then run HM and it should be fine and then you can reinstall your firewall/antivirus and add them to the exceptions list again

rafull85
09-29-2008, 11:45 AM
I have uninstalled antivrius and disabled the firewall and now is running ok. Thanks so much!