PDA

View Full Version : Vacuum + Reindex script? or something like that?

Chips8
02-09-2010, 12:32 PM
Ever since I upgraded to 1.09 (I'm on 1.10.01 now), I can't use the the "Vacuum Analyze Database" automatic option from "Options" in HEM. It always gives me an error message. It used to take about 30 seconds doing that.

I now have to manually vacuum option in PGAdmin III and that takes about 60 minutes. When I do the "reindex" in PGAdmin III, it takes about 90 minutes.

Is there a script I can use so that "Reindex" will run right after "Vacuum?" I'd like to set them to run overnight. Or can you explain why the automatic vacuum doesn't work?

morny
02-09-2010, 04:42 PM
Yeah its a long running bug that we havent managed to track down where some people can run it automatically and some have to do it manual. FWIW if it was only taking 30 seconds before it doesnt sound like it wasnt running correctly.

I dont know of a way to manually run the both one after the other, if you try some of the postgreSQL forums they may have the sql you can run from a command line and then you could create a batch file to run 1 at 2am and the other at 5am or something like that.