PDA

View Full Version : Hands stop appearing in report + problem exporting hands

Pieter86
02-09-2010, 06:14 AM
Hi,

Since yesterday my hands stopped appearing in the reports (and sessions)
My hud is working and updating but the hands can not be found in holdem manager.

I thought I might be able to fix this by creating a new database so I did that and the problem seemed fixed. However when I try to export and import my hands from the old database to the new one a lot of hands were missing, particulary hands from the current year.
So i tried to export this years hands through the reports tab and got the following error: An error occurred: ERROR: XX001: invalid page header in block 11566 of relation "handhistories_pkey"

Have you got a solution for one of these problems?

* I had a weird computercrash last sunday and after that i needed to re-install a pokerclient that stopped working, i think this might have damaged hm or my database or whatever. Re-installing hm to the latest updat did not fix the problem though....

morny
02-09-2010, 07:10 AM
It sounds like you've had some issues with the database becoming corrupt with the first database, the PC crashing is one of the biggest causes of these problems so that most likely was the cause as HM may have been in the middle of writing to postgreSQL when it crashed thus corrupting it.

First id try repairing the index in the old database FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Fix Indexes (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/86/Fix+Indexes) selecting handhistories_pkey and when that is done try exporting the hands now and see if there is still an error

After that if your still having issues let me know

Pieter86
02-09-2010, 10:41 AM
After fixing, i tried to export my hands from this year and import to my new database, acc to hm everything went fine, but in my new database the hands didnt show up although the import gave no error.
It seemed the old database worked again so i figured i'd just use that one but while playing i found out not all hands were getting imported. (at least one big pot was missing)

So i try to export again my whole database but that gave a new error: an error occured: exception from the type System.outofmemoryException. (partly in dutch but the "type" was in english)

morny
02-09-2010, 06:38 PM
Thats basically a timeout error and not an indication of a problem, your PC may just need a reboot to freshen it up and then try again.

stry67
02-09-2010, 10:10 PM
I'm having the exact same problem as stated in OP. When trying to fix the index, I get, Index rebuilding has failed, ERROR XX001 invalid page header in block 316 of relation base/16397/16424

Edit: I wasn't having the exact problem but rather my wins and losses werent adding up correctly. Shows my session as being almost break-even when it was significantly a win. It does appear my hands are showing up but not the correct win and loss amounts.

Tried exporting the hands from the DB using DB control panel and I get the same error message as above. Also a error stating string was not recognized as valid Date/Time.

morny
02-09-2010, 11:31 PM
Probably best to create a new database FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Create / Delete Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/75/Create+%7B47%7D+Delete+Database) and then reimport all the hands from the archive folder (C:/HMarchive by default or another location if you changed it) and it should be fine, the problem is that since the database is corrupt the hands arent exporting properly so if you create a new database and import from the HM archive (original HH's) then it should be perfect

Pieter86
02-10-2010, 07:19 AM
Ok i couldnt get it fixed so I reinstalled holdem manager and also postgres.

In a new database I imported my hands through hm archive which worked.
However when im in the reports section I get an error again:
The following error occurred when running this report: ERROR: XX001: invalid page header in block 1347 of relation "pokerhands_hero"

When trying to fix this index i get the same error..

edit: After creating the new database it did work at first, after that i played one session where everything seemed to work (as in refreshing the report over "today" and " this month".)
Then I took a break, came back refreshed report over this month and the error started coming up. When I only look at "today" everything is working

Also when i change the player to somebody else in my database everyting works, only for my own nick it isnt working.

netsrak
02-10-2010, 09:48 AM
If this problem still occurs after creating a new database your harddisk most likely is defect.
You should run chkdsk (google for it) and try to repair it.

You should also run other hardware diagnostic tools.
It might be necessary to reinstall your computer and/or to change your harddisk.

Pieter86
02-10-2010, 10:28 AM
not the type of answer i was looking for :P but i was kind of suspecting it

Pieter86
02-11-2010, 08:21 AM
This became bit of a long post with some non-hm related stuff in it but im really stuck so help is very aprreciated :)

I did a chkdsk which gave several (for me not understandable) messages but the problem persisted.

I also downloaded some other diagnostics tools but I know so little about these things that they didnt really help me. "Seatools" said the shortdrive test fails which ment there was a problem. " disc checkup" said everything is working fine.

Question 1: Do you know any other good diagnostic tool i should use?

Since i wanted to clean up my computer and maybe get windows 7 instead of vista anyways i made the following plan:

I'm going to load my hm archive files into a new empty database in my holdem manager on my laptop (just as i did on my desktop) and see if I get any problems there too.

Question 2: if I get similar problems on my laptop, can I conclude the problem is probably not hardware related?

If there are no problems on my laptop (concluding the problem is in my desktop) I'm going to format my desktop and reinstal windows (& hm obv)

Question 3: If the problem persists after formatting my computer, can i conclude it has to be hardware related? And if so, is it almost always the hard disk or could it also be the memory/graphics card or whatever?

Before formatting my computer, I copy my hm archive files to a usb, and also a backup of my exported files from my database.
Further more a backup of my exported notes and hud settings.

Question 4 Do I need to do anything else before formatting? (as in hm recognizing that i bought a pro version etc)

morny
02-11-2010, 07:54 PM
I cant help on what are the best type of tools, maybe you know a friend or someone thats handy with computers that could take a look at it for you and determine if the hard drive is faulty.

It may be a corrupt database, it may be a combination of software on your PC thats causing it and also if you shutdown your power without shutting down windows correctly via the PC it can also mess up the database.

Speaking from experience from someone who datamines a lot, plays a lot, tests pre-releases before theyre released to the public which obviously are more prone to bugs etc and still i think ive only had 1 corrupt database in 2 years so HM and postgreSQL are quite stable and if your getting issues this regularly then something appears to be wrong other than HM

Patvs
02-11-2010, 07:57 PM
-1 chkdsk is showing problems?---> FORMAT C:/ (don't quickformat) and start making a proper montly backup of your documents/pictures/HoldemManager settings and SQL database.

-2 If you use the latest HM + SQL, and your database doesn't corrupt (due to computer crashes/power failure) you won't have any problems on the laptop.

-3 It's probably the desktop harddisk which has a couple of corrupt clusters---> corrupting the SQL database. Buy a new harddisk for it, if the problem returns after the clean install + format.
Memory/CPU/PSU can indirectly have something to do with your problem if they're the one causing system crashes.

-4 also backup your original handhistories, bonus/rakeback settings, and export your SNG/MTT results if you play those on Stars.