PDA

View Full Version : new stars vpp

janska
07-02-2012, 04:37 PM
How is the latest "new stars vpp" calculated?
I mean the formular, so I could make a custom stat based on that calculation..

Another question: how is the Euro/ Dollar conversion realized with custom stats?

fozzy71
07-03-2012, 09:18 PM
This has been forwarded to the developers so we can give you an accurate answer. It may take some time before we reply due to the holiday tomorrow.

janska
07-18-2012, 07:34 AM
any news on this? Could you possibly forward it again? Thanks!

fozzy71
07-18-2012, 12:04 PM
any news on this? Could you possibly forward it again? Thanks!

I am sorry for the delay in reply. I have bumped the internal email we sent to one of the developers and added the entire developer group to the email to try and expedite a reply.

fozzy71
07-18-2012, 06:57 PM
The stat follows what is outline in Stars pages.

Conversion rates don't have a play on THIS specific stat. When they are used (e.g. Net winnings $), they are retrieved from the current rate set in the config. If you change the rate, so do the stats upon a refresh.

TheZepper
08-06-2012, 03:47 AM
Ditto what fozzy71 explained above.

New Stars VPP:

I can't offer - in good faith - any specific advice about any stat which calculates a RakeBack (or equivalent) basis based on the contribution method without researching the applicable site's rules thoroughly. This goes double for the New Stars VPP calculations - which are extremely site specific - because I'm not familiar with their VPP program.

However, I can say this: If you want to make a custom stat for new stars vpp - simply follow the site-defined rules that fozzy71 has provided to the letter.

Currency Conversion (Exchange Rates) and HM stats:

The sole purpose for introducing separate USD, EURO, GDP and Swedish Knoner "Amount Won" and "Rake" Stats (Win/hr and EV stats have been added in HM2) was to allow non-USD users to view these stats in a currency with which they're more comfortable.

Unfortunately, the first inclination of many USD players (myself included) is to try to use these stats to determine gains or losses due to fluctuations in currency exchange rates. No can do - the stats don't work that way or provide any useful infomation for this purpose.

For example, suppose your poker account on any given site is in USD. Although you almost always play on USD tables, one day you decide to try playing in Euros, so you buy-in on a particular table for 50 Euros. After a couple hours of play, you show a profit of 15 Euros, and decide to cash out.

Your net winnings for that session/table are 15 Euros - now and forevermore.

1) The currency exchange rate offered by that particular site in and out of Euros is irrelevant (although it should always be exactly the same in and out for each table played).

2) The basis for any RakeBack calculation (including the new stars vpp calculation) will be determined in Euros.

3) Your Net Amount Won for those hands will always be fixed at 15 Euros - any future changes in the exchange rate between USD and Euros will only affect the calculation of the Net Amount Won USD$ amount.

4) Bottom line: If you're using the term "realized" in an accounting sense and/or trying to use these stats to figure out gains/losses due to fluctuations in currency exchange rates, you're barking up the wrong tree.

My advice - avoid all the potential hassles and confusion surrounding currency conversion and exchange rates and start thinking in terms of the only truly universal currency - Big Blinds (or Big Bets or bb/100 or BB/100). This makes any issues related to exchange rates and wins/losses, EV, winrate/hour and rake, etc. completely irrelevant, which in turn makes creating any related custom stats a breeze.

The Zepper