PDA

View Full Version : One last try to get HM to run...

SourDough101
02-08-2010, 01:19 AM
After getting it to 'partly run' (ie I could load and even see some of my hand histories, but it would crash crash crash if I clicked on menus or tried to run Leak Buster etc), I gave up and uninstalled it completely. Uninstalled Postgre as well.

Downloaded and am currently running Poker Tracker 3. It works just fine, but it is way overkill for what I want - a simple hand analyzer and time/win/loss tracker. From what I could tell of my brief view of Holdem Manager - it is the exact software I am looking for - I just need it to function smoothly and well.

I am willing to try and install it again - but I would like some guidance first:

1) I have Postgre installed and running fine - I DO NOT want an installer to attempt to install/overwrite Postgre. Does HM have an installer that JUST installs the program?

2) Can I have Holdem Manager USE my Poker Tracker 3 database, or should I have it create a new one and load the hand histories from scratch? I am confused a bit here - and would like some advice on specific steps to do to get it right.

Can I leave PT3 still on my hard drive as well as HM?

Thanks for reading this list - wish me luck! Any help or advice very much appreciated here.

netsrak
02-08-2010, 08:20 AM
Leave PT3 and postgresql as it is,

Download the Holdemmanager installer and uncheck Postgresql in the installation process.
At the first start enter your PT3 database connection infos (usually postgres dbpass), create a new database for holdemmanager and it should be ready to use.