PDA

View Full Version : Postgres problem

dachina
02-07-2010, 08:40 PM
i had an old version of holdem manager installed with post gress 8.3 so needed to update it as it wasnt working. so i uninstalled both the holdem manager and postgres since i've always had problems with not being able to connect to postgres in the past if i havent used it for a while or if windows vista has an update.

so i downloaded the new holdem manager download but i seem to not be able to install postgres 8.4 (or even 8.3). i get an error every time i try. i even tried the postgres downloads from their sites.

i get the following error when trying to install any postgres:

An error occured executing the Mircosoft VC++ runtime installer

Can any1 help.

dachina
02-08-2010, 07:05 AM
nevermind, i found the 8.37 version that was available here and got postgres working... but i cant install 8.4 so maybe it wont be so good in the future.. but for the time being, holdem manager atleast starts

netsrak
02-08-2010, 08:11 AM
We don't know why but for some people only 8.3.x works, for others only 8.4.x. I hope Postgresql fixes this some day.

dachina
02-08-2010, 08:13 AM
yeh, for some reason it doesnt work..i couldnt even use the 8.39 version that was on their website.. but i found the 8.37 from one of ur links u posted when looking back at pass posts..