PDA

View Full Version : Duplicate and import errors

guitarmonkey90
02-07-2010, 08:12 PM
Hi, I have just installed a fresh HM on my new HD.After copying all my previous data into my new import folders i then imported the old hh into my new database.The import showed 13829 duplicate hands and 218 import errors.My player database is fine and all cash game results are logged correct but it seem to have screwed all my tourney data up. it looks like it may have taken my tourney stats data results and x 3.When i exported my tourney summaries before backing up my data. i saved the summary in my Holdemmanagerbackups folder.I then removed the summary and re imported my data into a new database.This time i got 4275 duplicate hands and 218import errors.Can someone tell me what these import errors are? Why these duplicate and errors may be occuring?or where to find infomation on the error reports.What is the best to go about working out why these duplications are happening? and resolving the problem.

Thanks as always

Ive been looking in my hmbackup files ive noticed there a mixture of HHF file and also some txt files.Should these text files be in here?Are these txt files the summaries that i exported from previous HM?Im thinking they may be the problem

netsrak
02-08-2010, 07:17 AM
Some sites use hhf files, others .txt or xml files.
So it depends on the sites you are playing etc.

Which HM version are you using?
Did you first import the tourneys and then summaries?

guitarmonkey90
02-08-2010, 12:06 PM
hi, netsrak, when i expoted the tourney summaries to my handbaups folder it added a single notepad document with all my tourney summaries on. Is this correct or would the summaries be in separate files?All my data has been collected from party,i have not yet used hm on different sites.I am running the lastest 1.10.02 HM which came with postgresql 8.4. As i said above:

at first i imported my holdembackups(which included the summary report)which resulted in 13829 duplicate hands and 218 import errors.

Then i removed the summary report from holdembackups,re imported the handbackups(without summary) into new database.This resulted in 4275 duplicate hands and 214 import errors.

I then went on to look into handbackups i have 2 file 01(jan) and 02(feb)
all files in 01 are txt files.Then files in 02 are a mixture of HHF files and txt file but mainly HHF.

I Then removed all txt files and the summary report from the 02 folder just leaving me with HHF files.I then imported the modified folder to a new databasewith the following results 0 duplicate hands and 210 import errors.But i also lost players from my database this way. Before it was importing 969 files after removing the txt files i was only importing 830 files.

I dont want to lose my tourney data if i can help it, but i am more concerned about the duplicate hands as i imagine these will affect stats.I believe that all cash data is importing perfect with all stats and players intact.It is just MTT results

Before my un install of HM i had 43ish tourneys logged as complete with the new import its showing over 127 tournies played

netsrak
02-08-2010, 12:21 PM
Sorry, but i can't really follow the steps you did.

Did you use a database backup/restore as start or did you start with an empty database importing hands and summaries?

Is it possible to zip and mail all the files (don't know which size the file is) or to upload them to megaupload or sth. like that and mail us the link?

If mailing add a link to this thread to support@holdemmanager.net

guitarmonkey90
02-08-2010, 01:00 PM
My holdembackup folder is my achive folder. I made a copy of this file before removing HM and saved to a separate part of my hd. I then started with an Empty database and imported this file into my new database. I will email the files if not too big.I am fairly sure that the problem has occured because i exported my tourney summaries into my holdembackups archive . I think this may have duplicated my tourney results within my archive folder.So when i try import my old HH archive into a new database it already contains the duplicate results

guitarmonkey90
02-08-2010, 02:21 PM
My holdembackup folder is my achive folder. I made a copy of this file before removing HM and saved to a separate part of my hd. I then started with an Empty database and imported this file into my new database. I will email the files if not too big.I am fairly sure that the problem has occured because i exported my tourney summaries into my holdembackups archive . I think this may have duplicated my tourney results within my archive folder.So when i try import my old HH archive into a new database it already contains the duplicate results

Ok netsrak ive sent the files m8, let me know if more info's need

Thanks agin