PDA

View Full Version : Table Ninja Trojan?

hero777
02-07-2010, 07:28 PM
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/714/screenshotg.gif

this is what i get when i try to open Table Ninja.

I downloaded table ninja from holdemmanager.

Is it safe? I'm still in trial mode

Fool
02-09-2010, 03:06 AM
Sorry for the delay on posting. I took the time to verify my suspicions with the programmers.

No one has every reported a problem like this before so I am not sure what could be causing this. I will download Comodo and try to reproduce this message myself.

It may be that this message from Comodo simply means that TableNinja connected to the TableNinja server at startup. TableNinja makes a brief connection to our server in the following cases:

On start-up.
When you open the Purchase/Update menu.
When you use your purchase code to unlock the full version.

These transactions are brief and no private information is transmitted save the email address used to purchase TableNinja and some machine specific information that we use in our licensing/trial system. It also compares your version to the current stable version listed on our server and decides if you need an update.

Since you download TableNinja from holdemmanager.com, most likely Comodo is giving you a false positive and their is nothing to worry about. I would try uninstalling and reinstalling TableNinja and seeing if the error persists.

Fool
02-09-2010, 07:33 PM
One of our developers downloaded and installed Comodo to try and reproduce your problem. Even after turning all of the protections to the highest levels (Proactive Defense to the Paranoid Level, Virus Defense to the On Access Level, Image Execution Control to Agressive, etc) he was never able to get any messages warning that TableNinja was a trojan.

With these Comodo settings, just launching FireFox requires you to click OK on about 5 different warning messages, and even with these settings the only warnings that appeared when TableNinja was launched were simple messages stating that TableNinja was connecting to our server at startup.

Are you sure your virus definitions are up to date? As far as we can tell Comodo has absolutely no issues with TableNinja so something unusual must be happening on your machine.

I would update your virus definitions, uninstall and re-download and reinstall TableNinja and see if that fixes the problem. If you continue to have problems please email support@alxsoftware.com for additional help.

Thanks,

Fool

hero777
02-09-2010, 08:58 PM
Hello, thanks for the support.

I noticed that TableNinja sometimes will trigger this, and sometimes will not. I can't find a way to consistently reproduce it either today. It happened a lot on sunday, i didn't use it yesterday.

It is pretty weird and I'm pretty paranoid so I have been using comodo.

Thanks again for the help

hero777
02-10-2010, 02:25 PM
Hello admin,

I am able to reproduce the bug today. Yesterday I had my firewall turned off and it did not trigger any problems.

I have the comodo internet suite with all defense+, antivirus, and firewall turned on today and when I click the desktop icon for table ninja, it gave me the trojan warning. It doesn't trigger when i launch it with auto import via holdem manager.

Thanks