PDA

View Full Version : Tourney report question

Arizona Willie
02-07-2010, 01:37 PM
In the tourney reports ( and some other places ) there is a column marked SUM with a check box.

What is that for?

fozzy71
02-07-2010, 03:00 PM
That means you have imported a Summary file for that tournament and it should be completed/finished. FTP writes summaries by default to your hard drive for all tourneys.

If you play at Pokerstars:

You need to request and import any/all your tournament histories and import those to HM. Stars does not write the tourney summaries to your hard drive, like FTP does.

Email support@pokerstars.com and ask for ALL your old Hand Histories and Tournament Summaries.

Then later, you want to import the summaries on a regular basis:

Pokerstars > Lobby > Requests > Tournament History .. > 200

Then you have to create a text file, from the email, to import to HM.

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=43

adurnin
02-18-2010, 04:11 PM
didnt want to open a new thread for a similar question..... If the checkboxes are ticked and you need to reimport the history for some reason, do you need to uncheck the tickbox before you reimport the file?

I exported summaries from an old db to a new one and then realised that some were wrong so i had to get the summaries of Stars again and import the txt file, but they dont seem to be updating like they usually do.

fozzy71
02-18-2010, 05:26 PM
You can Right-Click and Delete the Tourneys from the Dataview tab, then import the hand histories and summaries again. It may be easiest, and more accurate, to email support at pokerstars and ask for ALL your old Hand Histories AND Tournament Summaries. Then you are sure you have everything.

adurnin
02-18-2010, 05:29 PM
if i'm confident that the HH's are ok can I just delete the tourney summaries from the data tab and re-import them? (without making any changes to HH's)

netsrak
02-20-2010, 08:19 AM
Yes, that should be possible. You may need to copy the files to a different folder to import them again.

Hamlet
06-03-2010, 06:01 PM
That means you have imported a Summary file for that tournament and it should be completed/finished. FTP writes summaries by default to your hard drive for all tourneys.

If you play at Pokerstars:

You need to request and import any/all your tournament histories and import those to HM. Stars does not write the tourney summaries to your hard drive, like FTP does.

Email support@pokerstars.com and ask for ALL your old Hand Histories and Tournament Summaries.

Then later, you want to import the summaries on a regular basis:

Pokerstars > Lobby > Requests > Tournament History .. > 200

Then you have to create a text file, from the email, to import to HM.

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software (http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=43)

I'm kinda new at holdem manager, and Im a little bit confused in here....

I have not been importing PokerStars tourneys summaries. Is this the reason why Holdem Manager failes to show the correct prizes for my sit and go Step tournaments? I thought it was failing to do it because prizes are not cash.

Now.. are you talkig about two different things??
I mean, you said that we should email PokerStars requesting for the summaries, AND you pointed as well to requests Torunament Histories (Pokerstars>Lobby>Requests>Tournament History .. >200).... Are those two different things?, or just two different ways to get the same thing?

Thanks

netsrak
06-04-2010, 07:07 AM
This isn't for step tourneys because they have no price money.

For other tourneys the things Fozzy posted are valid.
Step 1 is for older tourneys because via the lobby you can only request the last 200 summaries. Thats why Fozzy explained both ways. The results should be the same.