PDA

View Full Version : 1.0.0.127, fixed, again, wtf?

psachs
02-07-2010, 01:17 AM
So I had postgre issues... i think. couldn't connect to ip 1.0.0.127. uninstalled every virus malware firewall device known to man. nothing worked. reinstalled most of my virus programs.
uninstalled postgre 8.3. it was having an issue with old db, so i had to manually go in erase anything in the 8.3 folder.

to summarize: virus software wasn't the issue, i reinstall postgre8.3 get it working, everything works fine, since 2/1 - i think thats when i made my new db.
i go to load HEM today and i have the same issue again... wtf is this.

when i pay for a program i'm hoping that i can maintain a secure computer and not have supporting software issues twice a week every week.

oddly enough i had this two occurrences mid/late jan and today before that i never had any sort of issue for endless happy months.

should i uninstall postgre 8.3, and use 8.4 or something?

netsrak
02-07-2010, 06:59 AM
This usually just means that the postgresql service is not running (often caused by a windows Update). This should be fixed by a computer reboot or postgresql service restart.

It that doesn't help look for the hidden file postmaster.pid in the postgresql data folder. If its there delete it and reboot again.

If it still is not working check this: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/91/Can%27t+Connect+%7B47%7D+Failed+to+Start+PostgreSQ L+

It doesn't matter whether you use 8.3 or 8.4

psachs
02-08-2010, 03:15 PM
thank you for the quick response.

SO

what helped was erasing postmaster.pid ( i think its called that anyway)

i reboot. HEM opens. i'm happy.
i go to import the last 5-10k hands I played while hem was dead...
and im stuck looking at hem saying, "auto importing..."

the hands aren't loading... HEM is stuck at a point between working and not even loading. :[ what do i do now?

psachs
02-08-2010, 03:36 PM
nevermind.

i turned UAC off...again. and everything is working.