PDA

View Full Version : HUD keeps moving around!

TheAnavar
02-05-2010, 07:28 PM
How do I get the HUD to stop moving around and to keep it in a set position when I start up a new table?

BTW I am playing on Carbon poker using merge converter which converts HH to party poker software so HEM read Carbon.

netsrak
02-06-2010, 08:35 AM
We support Merge directly since the 1.10 Beta releases so i suggest you upgrade using the link in my signature.
Switch off the converter
and configure HM to import the hands directly from the Carbon client.

For the Hud configuration:
configure Carbon preferred seating and seating preferences in HM accordingly
* open one Table, play at least one hand
* move the stats with the right mouse key to the correct positions
* Table manager -> Table -> Save positions
* Now you can open further tables but you will always have to play at least one hand for the stats being moved to the correct positions.

TheAnavar
02-06-2010, 03:34 PM
Configure HM to import the hands directly from the Carbon client.

How would I do this for Carbon so that I would not lose all my HH from when they were converted to PP HH?

Thanks

fozzy71
02-06-2010, 05:12 PM
Hi, you first need to open pgadmin from Start Menu - Postgresql and then double click on the server name in the list and it will ask you for your password. Most likely it is postgrespass unless you used a different one.

To avoid having duplicate players:

1. Purge all Merge hands from the database
2. Export Hands
3. Create new Database
4. Import hands
5. Run the SQL command provided (using the correct site_id).

Open the Query window by clicking on the icon that looks like a pencil and a piece of paper. In the window that opens replace anything in there with:

update players set site_id = 19 where site_id = 0;
update pokerhands set site_id = 19 where site_id = 0;
update pokerhands_hero set site_id = 19 where site_id = 0;
update tourneydata set site_id = 19 where site_id = 0;
update tourneyplayerdata set site_id = 19 where site_id = 0;

Then press F5 to run it. Launch HM and all your Merge players and hands that were converted to Party should be back to Merge. The problem with doing this if you already imported real Merge hands is you'll have duplicate players in the players table which will probably cause other problems.

TheAnavar
02-10-2010, 05:37 AM
The HUD still doesn't seem to stay even after I saved the the positions in table manager. I have 3 seperater boxes on my HUD and two of them seems to float all over. How do I fix this once and for all????

netsrak
02-10-2010, 09:15 AM
2 of 3 float all over?
Screenshot please

TheAnavar
02-12-2010, 09:14 PM
One of the first hands I sat down...HUD was scattered.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4069/4351943905_d00e39bd04_o.jpg

84 hands in and a full table...I arranged the 3 HUD displays how I wanted them and saved the positions.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2716/4351948663_136750a7bd_o.jpg

2 hands later some of the HUD displays are beginning to get scattered all over the screen even after saving positions a couple hands ago.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4047/4351951865_dfc16dd036_o.jpg

How do I get the HUD to stay at picture 2 for all tables all the time?

fozzy71
02-12-2010, 10:26 PM
I would suggest you recreate a default HUD file and import any custom HUD again.

1) Close HM and the Table Manager. Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe
2) Export any custom HUD configs and Copy/Paste your \Config folder before deleting any files as a backup.
3) Delete your existing HUD Prefs files, so HM will rebuild them to default. If you have any custom HUD's export them first and/or copy the \config folder to back them up.
4) Delete > \Holdem Manager\Config\prefs.xml, pospref.txt, and pospref2.txt, and pospref4.txt.
5) Start HM< Auto Import, Open the Table Manager, and test on a single cash table.

TheAnavar
02-13-2010, 04:15 AM
OK I did all that and it does seem to stay in place....but the problem I have is when I right click move one HUD icon now from a particular seat all the HUD icons move in the same direction. I need to move some of the HUD icons over so I can see the table easier and be able to click buttons.

Setup HUD with 3 HUDs per seat
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2773/4352545965_ff82498c9a_o.jpg

After I moved 1 of the 3 HUDs they follow on each seat
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2690/4353292616_fb6d518ec1_o.jpg

I need to know how I can move each individual HUD wothout affecting another HUD on another seat.

TheAnavar
02-13-2010, 06:20 PM
Also I noticed when I open up a new table the HUD is setup with the wrong player. I guess I can change this in HEM seating preferences. Which seat is SkylerCastles sitting in?

fozzy71
02-13-2010, 06:36 PM
..... I need to move some of the HUD icons over so I can see the table easier and be able to click buttons.[/B]

I need to know how I can move each individual HUD wothout affecting another HUD on another seat.

Hold Ctrl + Right-Click and Drag to move an individual sub-panel. You can also turn off the snap to grid, under HUD Options > Tables Preferences > Grid > 0% = no snap. If you have multiple tables open and only want the panels to move on 1 table at a time turn off the [ ] WYSIWYG option on the Tables Preferences menu

Also I noticed when I open up a new table the HUD is setup with the wrong player. I guess I can change this in HEM seating preferences. Which seat is SkylerCastles sitting in?

That should be seat 4 in the HM HUD Options > Seating Preferences > Merge for 6 max. Make sure you set the option in your Poker Client also. I sit one seat to the right and use Seat 3 in the HM preferred seating menu.

TheAnavar
02-14-2010, 01:29 AM
The HUD is still scattered all over even after I save positions. Also I set the seat number to 4 but it only recognizes where I sit in before I move which is instant on Merge. I am thinking that there are a lot of bugs for Merge and Carbon Poker with HEM.

Is there anyway to save the positions...I already recreated the HUD??

netsrak
02-14-2010, 07:54 AM
Please post a screenshot of your table preferences settings.

TheAnavar
02-15-2010, 03:29 AM
Please post a screenshot of your table preferences settings.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2802/4358868492_38c0e00ed0_o.jpg

netsrak
02-15-2010, 08:31 AM
Please enable WYSIWIG and try to arrange your Hud as explained before.

TheAnavar
02-15-2010, 12:55 PM
OK I can arrange it now and it saves but the HUD is always messed up with the seats and players when I open up a new table. I set the seat number on Carbon as 4 and did the same on HEM below. How do I get the seating preferences to work?

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4013/4359110041_7f84bbd239_o.jpg

morny
02-15-2010, 02:34 PM
Easiest way to work out seating preferences, open just 1 table, select seat 1 as your preferred seat by going to Hud Options > Seating Preferences choose Merge from the dropdown and choose seat 1, wait until a few hands are imported and setup your hud on table 1 lining up the stats to the correct player, open a 2nd table wait about 5 hands, do the seats line up?

1. If yes your done

2. If No, then go back in and choose seat 2 as preferred seat, always leave table 2 alone and just concentrate on changing table 1 so the stats align with the correct player and the stats will auto line up on table 2 if you got the correct preferred seat, if not keep repeating step 2 changing to seat 3,4,5-10 until you find the correct one, when table 1 and table 2 line up your done.

//Actually seen Fozzy said its probably seat 4 so try that one first

TheAnavar
02-25-2010, 02:49 PM
OK i think its impossible to configure this HUD on Carbon. It doesn't save positions or the seats are messed up and the HUD seems to randomly move around everywhere at random times.

Now I am just looking to setup a very small HUD like I had before with VPIP, PFR%, AF, 3 bet, fold to 3 bet, steal and hands. That's all and in the same small box because I do not want to be moving a ton of boxes around b/c it's a pain.

Can someone show me how to set this up?

TheAnavar
02-25-2010, 03:55 PM
OK nm my last post I figured out a good HUD and I am happy with it b/c it is only one box and it stays put. Here it is below tell me what you all think and if I need to add anything else:

*Hands/ Name/ VPIP/ PFR

Agg factor/ 3-Bet/ Fold to 3-Bet/ Steal

Flop CB/ Fold to flop CB/ Turn CB/ Fold vs Steal

-------------------------------------------------
Is there a way to delay the HUD from loading up say like 3 hands so once it loads it is all set with the players and seat positions?

Thanks

morny
02-25-2010, 09:23 PM
Is there a way to delay the HUD from loading up say like 3 hands so once it loads it is all set with the players and seat positions?

Thanks

Hud Options > Table Prefs and set min hands for stats to 3