PDA

View Full Version : Lack of HEM1 Support

ClutchCity
06-27-2012, 10:21 PM
It's really disappointing how much HEM1 support has fallen off; it's just bad now imo, in my experience anyway. Forum posts don't get replied to nearly as fast as they used to. There are hardly any updates to HEM1 anymore; we have to wait for months before features finally get implemented. Some things they refuse to put into HEM1.

I get that HEM2 is the main thing now and the cool new features and bulk of support should go to the more recent program. However, the thing that's super frustrating is that HEM2 is really buggy and unstable. That's what I've heard anyways every time I ask other poker players about HEM2. The situation is messed up: either one stays with the older program that has inadequate support, or buy a newer program that is worse off than the original in terms of functionality and reliability. We shouldn't have to pay for a program that doesn't work right.

This has always been a source of frustration for me, but now it's worse because of an issue I'm having with recovering my DB. I'm physically unable to recover the old files using a HEM DB export, and to make matters worse, I'm unable to install HEM+postgres on the new comp. I sent support an email over seven hours ago. It used to be that the issue would be responded to and resolved much sooner than that. Instead, now I'm just sitting here all day unable to play with a HUD and without any email response yet.

imo the support on HEM1 needs to be elevated, or the programmers should make HEM 2 a lot more reliable.

netsrak
06-28-2012, 06:31 AM
I'll forward it.

jdvarnon
06-28-2012, 09:41 AM
We will have an HM1 update released in the forums within a few days of the next HM2 update being released. We are targeting for the HM2 update to be released in the forums within the next couple of days.

imo the support on HEM1 needs to be elevated, or the programmers should make HEM 2 a lot more reliable.

After the update that I referenced above for HM2, I encourage you to give HM2 another try. If your free trial expired, we will be happy to extend it.

I'm having with recovering my DB. I'm physically unable to recover the old files using a HEM DB export, and to make matters worse, I'm unable to install HEM+postgres on the new comp. I sent support an email over seven hours ago.

Our goal is response within 24 hours. If you have not received a response at this time, please reply here and I will ask one of our tech support team members to investigate.

Thanks

Jim

ClutchCity
06-28-2012, 08:09 PM
The initial email response was a little slow just by your normal standards I've experienced in the past. But after that, the support has been good, so thank you for stepping up your game. The support from fozzy has been especially good; he's always been outstanding, too. I really look forward to HEM2 being as stable as HEM1. Thank you to all for helping me via email support.