PDA

View Full Version : Missing hands with big pots on PokerStars

KAZA1EX
09-26-2008, 01:33 PM
Vista, PSQL 8.3., HM 1.06.4
Yesterday I finished my day with ~300BB profit but HM showed +72BB in hands reports. Today I had -400BB and HM showed +80. I noticed that there are NO memorizable hands with big pots in the database. Recreatig database and reimporting didn't help.

morny
09-26-2008, 04:02 PM
Can you please send me all the hands to morny@holdemmanager.net

KAZA1EX
09-27-2008, 01:06 PM
Done. I remember one hand where I went AI preflop with JJ and faced AA, but there is no such hand. Also I noticed that PokerStars send only 200 hands by email.

morny
09-27-2008, 04:39 PM
You either have an older version or you have a corrupt database as i imported the hands you send and all 4690 hands imported without even 1 error. If its the latter create a new database http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=146 and import your hands from the old database into the new one

JazzPunk
09-27-2008, 05:01 PM
You either have an older version or you have a corrupt database as i imported the hands you send and all 4690 hands imported without even 1 error. If its the latter create a new database http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=146 and import your hands from the old database into the new one

This is one of your standard answers.

Please learn something about databases and how it works. Especially about:
1) transaction
2) rollback

And then think about your answer.

morny
09-27-2008, 05:53 PM
Hi Jazz,

If you have a solution id be glad to hear it? Weve been comunicating via email and ive imported all the hands successfully into my database so it could be an older version or it could be a corrupt database. My solution will work and thats my Job here, if i new an easier way id suggest that but i dont have much experience with SQL statements and databases and ive never wrote anywhere i did but i do have alot of experience with Holdem Manager and know what solves the problem and in these situations a new database does the trick but im more than happy if you want to offer advice that could make it easier to retrieve all hes hands.

JazzPunk
09-28-2008, 03:36 AM
Hi Jazz,

If you have a solution id be glad to hear it? Weve been comunicating via email and ive imported all the hands successfully into my database so it could be an older version or it could be a corrupt database. My solution will work and thats my Job here, if i new an easier way id suggest that but i dont have much experience with SQL statements and databases and ive never wrote anywhere i did but i do have alot of experience with Holdem Manager and know what solves the problem and in these situations a new database does the trick but im more than happy if you want to offer advice that could make it easier to retrieve all hes hands.

Hi morny,

the point is, that a database like postgress 8.3 corrupts not by itself. In a case that you turn of your computer the database may loose data since the database rollsback to a save state. A database have to life over years.

But if the implementation of the database application uses no transactions to store data in a consistant way it is possible that the internal logical structure of the implemented database is destroyed. And I hope and believe that roy kows more than some SQL statments about databases.

The point is when you say that the database is corrupt you say that roy has not much knowledge about database implementation. So be carefull about such state.

A other point is that nobody likes to import all the observed hands (maybe millions) with a real low import speed of 15 hands per second.

KAZA1EX
09-28-2008, 10:22 AM
Morny, I also have no problems with import and obviously I didn't say a word about problems with import. I told that database doesn't contain all the hands I played. I manually looked HH in "move after import" folder and didn't find "those memorizable" hands. It follows that problem is in PokerStars client. But could HH wich are taken from "c/program files/pokerstars/handhistory" be changed by HM or they are moved to "move after import" folder as original files?

UPD: OMG, I didn't have an idea to look into "c/program files/pokerstars/handhistory", cause I used to think it is free. All the hands I was talking about is there. They wasn't detected by HM, imported and moved!

I pressed autoimport and they were imported and moved. But it happened only after recreating a database to a new one.