PDA

View Full Version : Cache Rebuilder

Indian_Skimmer
02-05-2010, 07:00 AM
I purged a load of hands a few days ago and realise that the stats stay in my HUD until the cache rebuilder is completed(whatever that means)

How long does this normally take?????? is there anything I can do to speed it up???

HUDs a bit untidy thats all and I like things to be correct,thanks

_Loki_
02-05-2010, 07:25 AM
The cache rebuilder feature hasn't been implemented in HM yet so you will be waiting a long time

If you want the HUD stats to reflect ONLY the data from your non-purged hands you need to export your hands & re-import them - I think into a new DB you have created (I'm not sure because I've never done this - this will strip out the purged hands stats

I don't bother with all that exporting & importing - what I do is I've kept all my HH's grouped in various folders based on the month I played them, stakes & game type

Then every month I just create a new DB & make it default. Then I delete my old DB. Then I import my HH's from the relevant folders as suits me

So every month I know that my DB doesn't contain stats remaining after purges & I know that the stats aren't old & I keep my DB small & efficient. Obviously I vacuum, reindex, reboot, defrag, reboot (I don't know if all those steps are necessary) after I've imported.

To do all this only takes an hour a month for me

Incidentally I keep all my 'old' data but only as HH's - they are not in my postgreSQL DB. The reason is that the raw HH's take up about only 20% of the space on my HDD that they would take up as table data in postgreSQL. I reduce this further to about 5% by compression

Indian_Skimmer
02-05-2010, 08:03 AM
Hmmm thanks,think I'll just leave things alone then a pc dork like me is bound to screw things up if I start fiddling

netsrak
02-06-2010, 08:08 AM
Configure the "Filter by date" in the "Additional Hud filters". About 3 months are enough for Hud stats.

Indian_Skimmer
02-06-2010, 01:20 PM
Thanks nets excellent idea that will do nicely...........