PDA

View Full Version : Accidentally purged all the hands from my database...FML, PLEASE HELP!!!!

ucftennis12
02-05-2010, 04:52 AM
hi all,

i meant to simply get rid of a few hands in my database for duplication reasons while trying to merge screenames into one alias. One of my screenames had duplicate hands of another one because before HEM released newest update, I had my merge network hands reading as party poker hands (using an old HEM merge converter). At any rate, instead of simply deleting the 2k hands i wanted to, i accidently deleted my entire 300k hand database and only left the 2k hands i wanted to delete! (lol i know)

Is it possible to recover these hands? ANYONE PLEASE HELP!!!!

_Loki_
02-05-2010, 05:25 AM
You do not mention this...

so I take it that you haven't got an archive of your original HH's somewhere that you can reimport ?

_Loki_
02-05-2010, 05:46 AM
This is only my understanding of postgreSQL so this is only a best guess really...

IF I was in your position & couldn't get hold of the HH's &
IF I haven't VACUUMed the database since the purge, then the table rows are still there in postgreSQL

To have any chance of recovering the data make a filesystem backup asap, or at least make a backup of the table's files

Then you need to post a question on the postgreSQL forum to see if anyone can point you at a recovery tool

I guess you can continue to use postgreSQL until you have found out how to recover the data, because the table rows are not overwritten until after the vacuum

I think I'm right, but I'm really clueless on this stuff